Is Neosporin ok to use on pimples??? I’ve heard that it is good for them from some people, and I would like to use it for the same purpose if that is true. Please respond.

It's basically neither: Neosporin is effective against the bacteria which cause boils elsewhere than the face. For acne pimples, benzoyl peroxide (OTC) or other topical antibiotics should do a much better job.

It helps my pimple especially with the redness. In two days or so,they are ready to pop.

ive never used it on pimples that i have not popped but i have pretty bad acne since a child and still do (22) and ones that surfaced (i use proactive treatment and it actualy works pretty well) but ones that get ahead of me and crown as i call it, i pop and drain it of all the white Goo. I usualy do this in the shower, use the proactive soap and ect then when im out and drying off i put some neosporin on the pimple (usualy they are big and red and infected you know (redness is a sign of infection and when the white bloods come by to clean it up it causes scarring) so the neosporin helps to clean up the infection faster(usualy out of sight in a day or two) and like it says on the tube helps to tone down scarring which it does for those big inflated ones, at least for me :-) hope this helps

I get very large pimples on my face sometimes (about twice a year) and they used to stay forever it seemed without getting a head but I found that if I use a hot compress on it and then put Neosporon on it then put a bandaid on it before bed, it goes away quickly. Neosporin is made to kill bacteria, by opening your pores with the hot compress you are allowing the Neosporin (which is an anitbiotic) to enter into the pimple and kill the bacteria inside of it, which is essentially the c**p inside. Trust me, I have tried EVERYTHING, and nothing else has worked besides this. Ps. I use proactive and these damn things still come visit me twice a year. Hope this helps, bc it really works!!!!

ive used neosporin for about a week now and my face has never been smoother. Ive tried so many washes and creams and nothing has worked. I dont have severe acne but i have a couple pimples here and there and it also works very well for blackheads. I put it on every night before bed and even the first night using it when i woke up i could see a difference in the texture of my skin.... it really works well!!!!!

I thought I was the only one who used this. My friends and family never believe me but Neosporin does work and the hot compresses help too!

I am a pro at picking at my face. I typically use Neosporin on the pimples/blackheads/whiteheads that have just been popped. It helps quicken the healing process and it does not scab leave a dark blemish behind. My wounds on my face heal nicely and smoothly within 3-4 days without the puss or flakes.

I get hormonal breakouts (once a month) in my T-zone and I can't help but want to pop them even before they "surface"... it's a really bad habit. It usually gets red and lasts over a week and I've tried neosporin but it doesn't work for me. I usually need a drying agent to clear my pimple. Neosporin is meant for wounds and i think it keeps the area moist. I would recommend Burt's bees blemish stick... it has tea tree oil and dries it out instantly.

Neosporin is amazing ! omg, i had this huggeeeee pimple in my t zone, and everyone at school made fun of me, i came home and told my grandmother, then she told me to use this ! Ah , it worked a miracle. It only took a couple hours for it to go away, now i can just cover up the little spot with makeup, i'm so excited to go to school tomorrow, with no stupid pimple :-):-):-):-):-)

If it is simply a pimple, then no. However, if you are a picker like myself...and you have picked the pimple to death to the point of scabbing or bleeding, then yes, neosporin works miracles.

In my experience Neosporin is great for open pimples. If you've popped a zit, intentionally or inadvertently, a dab of Neosporin can lower redness and size pretty quickly. I use it after I wash my face at night, right before I go to bed. It doesn't work well unless the zit is open.

I use neosporin on my face each night. Generally, I apply it only where pimples typically will appear. For me, that is on my chin. I think it helps prevent the pimples. If there is already a pimple, it helps it from getting too huge and [sometimes] crusty. In the past, I have used toothpaste on pimples to help bring them to a head. I will NOT do that again. Three nights ago, I felt a pimple coming on my face, beside of my nose. I slapped some Crest toothpaste on it, in hopes that it would be much smaller the next morning. When I woke up and checked my face, I had a black hole instead of a pimple! The toothpaste was place on a "bump" that had not been picked or pushed on. The toothpaste had essentially made a crusty hole that was black on my face, which was impossible to cover with makeup the next morning. Today, I was washing my face and the scab came off and now I have a pinkish [raw looking] hole on my face. Maybe they changed some ingredients in the toothpaste? I'm not sure, but I will NOT do the toothpaste thing again. I'm sticking with good ol' neosporin! Hope this blog helps!

So far it hasn't had any effect on the pimple I have already popped. But I have a good :idea: tip :idea: if you want to lower the redness of the pimple :!: You should use TOOTHPASTE :!: I know it sounds weird but it works. It may burn a bit if the pimple was recently popped. By the way do NOT use mint toothpaste or toothpaste ment to whiten teeth; only use regular paste. :D :) :P

I too use neosporin on a huge pimple that kept coming back. I applied the neosporin and 4hours late reduced in size!! I waited several hours and gave it another dose!! Wow thanks for the advise!!! Surface creams did nothing but make it dry. After a shower it opened up and I put the neosporin on it felt better right away! The redness is better too! Makes sense it is antibiotic and it's designed to kill bacteria!! Thanks again hope it continues to work!!!