After sex I often have a very sore perineum and a slight tear that sings form the left side of my vaginal opening all the way up my perineum. It's a very slight tear, but it's very uncomfortable and only happens after sex. I'm wondering if this is normal for most women, or if it is possibly something else, and how can I prevent it from happening?

I am wondering if the tearing is related to you and your partner's anatomy. Perhaps he is too big for you or you too small. Size and force could all contribute to tearing. I am unsure of any other factors that could. I would recommend using a lot of lubrication like KY Jelly if you haven't been already while having sex. This might make sex easier and decrease the trauma.

I suffered from this all my life, my perineum would split during sex and be dreadfully painful. I went to heaps of gynecologists and nothing would fix it. The one said I had to have an operation on it so I had the sore piece of skin cut out!! After it healed it was fixed for a while but about 6 months later the splitting came back. So another gynecologist said I had to have the operation AGAIN. So I had the sore but cut out AGAIN. And then it came back again about 6 months later. I suffered from this since I started having sex at 16, until this year, I was 29 when it was fixed. This is how it got fixed.... I went to a new gynae and she said it could be this rare bacterial infection (cant remember what it was called) up in my vagina. It doesnt really get picked up on tests and it has no symptoms but it can make your skin brittle and tear. She gave me this medicine to take and my boyfriend had to take it too and it was REALLY EXPENSIVE medicine. After 2 weeks the condition was GONE FOREVER and now I can have lots of sex and no tearing its AMAZING and I am so happy, you should talk to your gynae about this!!

Hi i was wondering if you could find out what the infection you had was called or what the medicine you took was. I have experienced exactly the same problems all my life and no-one has managed to successfully diagnose me, so this would really help massivly! I'd love to chat to you further about it all, if you have the time, please drop me an email : *****

Many Thanks

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**

please can you tell me the name of the medicine that helped with the torn perineum- I suffer badly from this!

What kind of medication cured your infection?

Please if anyone has a cure or treatment to heal this, please share it. I have a tear and it is so painful.
Thanks!!!

If you have a tear then the best thing that you can do is not have sex for awhile to give yourself an opportunity to heal. If you have an infection on top of that then you should see your doctor so that you can get a cure for it. The problem is that if you don't, you could get sick by some bacterial infection so see your doctor as soon as you can. Keep us posted, okay?

I recently tore my Perinium after having sex the first time, and went to the ER. They had to put in 3 stitches and said that normally people go wtihout treating it and it continues to tear again and again. They said it was good that I went to have it stitched because it will help it heal better. BUT it was probably the most painful procedure I have ever felt, because they inject the anesthetic right into the tear and it was PAINFUL, but if it keeps me from tearing I would go through it again!

Does anyone know the name of this rare bacterial infection the other women are talking about? Or perhaps the name of the medication they took to make their perineum feel better?

I had the same problem .. but it healed after applyin some antibiotics creams. I've been sexually inactive since then, however i have this tingling pain in the perineum. I tried to look in the mirror, and i failed to see any slight tears in there.. However when i rubbed it with a tissue, tiny tiny tiny blood spots appeared on it. I repeated this again today, and nothin appeared on the tissue.
NB: The dr. once checked it after i healed, told me that its completely healed and that it wouldnt open up again as long as i dont approach it ..
Where do u think the blood is coming from?? ... Am confused!! ppl plz help me :-( i posted a post but no one replied :'(

Well i experienced the same problem .. but i have a question .. Would it be possible to have this perineum cut again without havin sex? .. i experienced it due to making out with my bf .. i took medicines and the dr. checked it out and said that it completely healed and that it would not need any stetches .. this was 3 months ago ..
Few days ago i looked at it in the mirror and rubbed the perineum with a piece of tissue , tiny tiny tiny blood spots appeared on it. However, when i did so a day after no blood was found on the tissue .. I have no clue where were those tiny blood spots coming from??!! ..

Hi everyone,

I had this problem for months and today was diagnosed with eczema. My skin was so fragile it would split open all the time, and then sting. I would also get slight blood spots. I hope this might help some of you, the only thing to keep eczema at bay is a course of steroid cream.

I also have an almost permanently torn perineum and although I had a 'Fentons' procedure to repair it, it was not successful. I believe there is a new operation available the 'Plymouth procedure' which I hope to learn more about.

I have been diagnosed with LICHEN SCLEROSIS and use a daily cream to help my skin keep its elasticity and flesh colour.

Although the split repairs between penetrative sex, my split can occur after a bowel movement also.

I've tried over the counter drugs like antiseptic sprays, but the swelling won't o down