I am interested in vandazole’s effects in treatment of infection in urinary tract. In fact I am not so sure if it is urinary or genital tract. My friend used vandazole when she had some problems in urinary tract. I’ve noticed a little bit strange feeling when I urinate, like itching, but painful. I’m thinking to try with vandazole. What are exactly vandazole’s effects?

Vandazole is metronidazole, an antibiotic effective against anaerobic bacteria. Anaerobic infections usually happen in digestive tract and in genital. You should not take antibiotic without doctor’s advice. Maybe vandazole is not the drug of choice for your infection. It may be candidiasis or trychomonas that you suffer. Each of them asks for a different treatment. Vandazole has effect only against anaerobic bacteria and has no effect on aerobic cells and tissues.

renaud - how do you know it is ineffective against aerobic bacteria. I'm devising an experiment and I need a drug against bacterial vaginosis and vandazole seems to be the only option ( i can only use aerobic bacteria). please help. thanks.

I was prescribed Vandazole a few months ago. Ever since that moment, I have experienced VERY uncomfortable side effects...irritation on the vagina and cliterus, and tearing of my skin in the vainal area. IT completely dried me out and I rarely get "stimulated" (and you can imagine how that effects my sex life). Before this medication, I had a healthy and happy sex life...I wouldn't recommend this medication to anyone...(although I've always been a firm believer of holistic and natural remedies)