I went off the pill around September 27th, and had my period the next week. I had sex with my husband on October 8th and have been having strange symptoms for the past week. I have been slightly queasy and my nipples hurt to touch. I had bad headaches earlier this week but not in the last couple of days. My discharge has been thicker than normal, and earlier in the week I had very very light spotting for a day. My biggest problem is I'm absolutely exhuasted. I sleep about 9-10 hours a night, and have to drag myself out of bed, only to need a nap a few hours later. I hate that the symptoms of pregnancy are so similar to those of PMS because the anticipation is crazy. I have been on the pill for about 10 years and research on if pregnancy this soon after stopping them is getting me nowhere. From what I read it can happen instantly to a year after. I haven't had a normal full out period in years so I don't really remember what all the symptoms of PMS feel like. Lucky me, huh? Other than finally having my period, are there any symptoms that could exclude one or the other possible causes. I did purchase a pregnancy test and took it last night, but it came out negative, which I know it was probably too early to take it anyway. I am saving the other one until I've missed my period Anyway, thank you for your response.

So I woke up this morning with slight cramping, but after I took a nap, it was gone. Now I feel nauseous though, and my breasts ache. No sign of my period yet. It should be due sometime between now and next week. My back hurts too, but I did exercise yesterday (walked for 30 minutes on my treadmill), so maybe that's why. Anyway, that's just an update for now. Should I wait possibly 1-2 more weeks before taking another test? Possible date of conception would be 12 days ago.