Hi, I would like to hear more about neutropenia, since I was diagnosed with it. My doctor still can’t find the source and that worries me. May it be consequence of some other disease?

Neutropenia is a condition of increased number of a type of f white blood cells called a neutrophil. White blood cells (leukocytes) are play significant role in the immune system, by defending body from infection. Their number is increased in any inflammation reaction, so this laboratory analysis is widely used in making a diagnose. Neutrophils have role in actually killing and destroying microorganisms that spread in our bodies. If neutophil count is less than 2000, this state is called neutropenia. Except in infections it can also occur in drug toxicity, vitamin deficiencies, and medical diseases such as blood diseases and autoimmune disorder called Felty’s syndrome.