Hi, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with vasculitis. First what doctor noticed was leukocytosis. This is a high number of leukocytes. Leukocytes are white blood cells that are normally present in blood. When they have enlarged number, it usually means something happens in organism. Can someone provide me with more info?

Hello there,

Well first of all your friend should ask his doctor everything that he was concerned about so later on he doesn’t have the need to send you to search for an answer that is bothering him.

As far as I know this is an allergic inflammation of blood vessels which is characterized by deposits of fragmented cells, nuclear dust, necrotic debris, and fibrin staining in the vessels.

Most of the patients develop skin lesions, especially on the legs. This is sometimes accompanied by arthralgia and fever.

This disorder is usual in people who are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and some other conditions as well.

If you need more details you will have to talk with your friend’s doctor.