I was on a birth control (Allesse?) for about 11 years and stopped about 7weeks ago because my wanted to start to try to have a baby. I haven't gotten a period yet, and have tested negative to pregnancy. I'm pretty sure that if I don't get the period back than I can't get pregnant. I realize it takes time for the cycle to get back to normal, but I also know that a low body fat content could play a role in ammoneria. I am 5'2 and weight about 115lbs. Should I continue to put down cake and ice cream at night just to get a period back?

I don’t think that your weight has anything to do with the absence of your period. It may actually take 3 months (or more in some cases) for your period to come back to normal. Usually, the period becomes irregular not absent and maybe you could see a gynecologist to get the shot to induce your period if possible.

Not having period doesn’t necessarily mean that you are not ovulating. You may be ovulating but still have no period and I reckon you could get pregnant but I also think that you should see a gyn if you don’t have your period soon.

You body mass index is fine ... I am 5'3 and weighed 113 pre-pregnancy.

ok so i was on birth control that wasn't even mine, it was my friends who got it for me because i was too scared to get it myself, but i took it for two months and then stopped taking it. Before i took the bc, my periods were really irregular.Sometimes i could go two to three months with out having one. But after i stopped taking the birth control i still havent started my period yet. what should i do?

If you are too scarred to go on the pill by yourself you shouldn't be having sex.

Alright, so Ive been on the Nuvaring for about 2 years now, Im 18 and Ive been with the same guy this whole year, I took out my ring and its been about 2 weeks now and I still havent started my period. Before I took it out I started having pregnancy symptoms, nausea, heartburn, puking, not having an appetite, and my boobs started hurting, ive taken pregnancy tests all were negative....Could I be pregnant?

Hey I was on the same BCP for about 1 year. My periods use to be irregular and when I went on those it was normal. I went off of them for about one month and I still havent gotten my period. My cousin told me to not rely on BCP for too long as it really messes you up and sometimes you must wait about 6 months or more till you can have a child. It happened with her. I also took a pregnancy test thinking I was pregnant but the test came back negative. My husband and I are pretty young we are both 24 and I am in no rush to have a baby because of my education...my husband on the other hand wants a baby. So far no period really scares me...I just pray these BCP didnt mess with my body as well.