Hi, I had a CT scan done this week and they discovered a small nodule on my left lobe. The office called and said they are sending me for an ultrasound b/c the Dr thinks this may be the cause of my symptoms; so I haven't had a chance to ask the Dr. any questions yet.

I was reading some information and it said most cancerous nodules are large, has anyone had a CT scan that told them it was small but ended up being cancerous.?

I went to the Dr. because for over a year now I have been having trouble swallowing, especially pills, they feel as if they are getting stuck in the left side of my throat, depending on the pill-for example an antibiotic-it will burn to the point of unbearable, dry foods such as granola bars give me problems too. My throat will ache (left side) and my left ear has been bothering me for a couple of years now, aches, itches, feels full and aches horribly when landing on a plane, I don't even want to fly anymore because it hurts so bad. I saw an ENT and he said he thinks I have globus??

My neck also aches (really hurts to turn it from side to side, even makes clicking noises) and pain between my shoulder blades. I also have pain in the left side of my chest, sometimes it feels like it is going straight through to the back. Edit- I should also mention that I gained over 20 lbs in a two month time frame-I went from 138 to 160, I get short of breath after climbing up a flight of stairs and had my heater running everyday under my desk until this week and I am a 38 year old female. There are more symptoms but I figure this is enough for now

I had two barium swallows and a scope which revealed mild reflux and mild inflammation. My Dr. tells me my thyroid levels are in the normal range. I also have been experiencing fatique for about 6 years and have had blood tests done at least twice a year; all come back normal. It would be so nice if they could find the problem and fix it.

Could the nodule be causing these symptoms even though the Thyroid levels are normal? Has anyone else had similar symtoms? Thank-u in advance

Hi my name is kryztena and I am scared. I am 20 years old and I went to the doctor in April 08. They did an ultrasound of my thyroid because it is now 4 1/2 cm. around. I am scared because I had breast cancer at 16 years old so does that make my chances higher? I went on the 4th of Sept to have my blood work done and then I got a letter in the mail saying that I have an appointment on the 9/24/2008 with the Cancer Institute. So needless to say I am terrified for my health. I have two babies and the most wonderful man in my life. I don't want to disapoint them. I love them so I know I need to get it taken care of. If anyone has any advice for me please let me know. THANX!!!