I have a very large thyroid nodule located inside the left part of my thyroid. I noticed it over a year ago and had an ultrasound done. The radiologist said it "looked" like cancer but after 2 needle biopsies, normal cells were found. I was told to "watch" the nodule and advised not to remove it. A year has passed and for about 6mo or so the lymphnodes on the right side of my neck are very swollen and the one under my right arm swells occasionally. I guess my concern is why would these glands get swollen and why would they remain so for so long? Is it related to my thyroid and if so does this indicate any type of cancer?

Swollen lymph, wherever they occur, the most often indicate some infection in your body, but in older people there may be some more serious underlying cause. Lymphadenopathy is mainly caused by viral or bacterial infection, but could also be the sign of arthritis, allergic reactions, metabolic diseases, cancer and like it is in your case- hyperthyroidism. If you are diagnosed with this condition, it doesn’t necessarily have to mean you have a cancer, and even if you had, you shouldn’t worry as the vast majority of patients have the excellent long-term survival.
If the condition of your thyroid gland is not alarming, there are a few options how you could treat it, for instance radioactive iodine, anti-thyroid drugs or surgery, if necessary.
Depending on your condition, the doctor may prescribe either one or all 3 methods of treatment.
There are a few types of thyroiditis, such as Hashimoto, De Qurvain’s and silent thyroiditis. Have you been told which of these do you have?
If you have some more facts, feel free to come back, I know a lot about thyroid glands as I myself suffer from Hashimoto Thyroiditis which has been following me since I have had a labor.

i have a small nodule on the right side of my neck on my thryoid gland. i go to the dr in a few weeks for a ultrasound to see what exactly it is. he thinks it is a cyst, we will see. Anyway my question is i have been having the funniest feeling in my chest, pressure, rapid heart beat, just not feeling normal. my left arm also tingles sometimes and fingers. I hate the feeling of not feeling normal!! If that makes any sense. I want to make sure it is NOT my heart acting up. People have told me nodules on your thryoid gland can make you have thryoid problems, and there symptoms. What do you think?

I think rapid heart beat is a symptom of graves disease