What is normal kidney function? Is 37 considered to be low?

Kidney function tests is a collective term for a variety of individual tests and procedures that can be done to evaluate how well the kidneys are functioning.

What particular test does "37" relate to?

if your talking about a gfr of 37 then yes that is low. Above 90 is best. There are different stages of kidney disease. Just search gfr and you will find some things.

Hello there,

I believe that you have been doing some tests because you are experiencing some symptoms which are either painful or unpleasant.

Since you have got the results of the tests I am wondering how it is possible that your doctor hasn’t explained you what does it mean (if your results of gfr are 37 and it should be 90 your doctor should have prescribe you therapy).

Maybe you should seek another opinion if your doctor hasn’t prescribed you any therapy. Anyhow I hope that you will somehow resolve your problem and that you will be just fine.

Keep us posted about your condition and good luck.