Hi! I will soon have lung function test. If you know tell me something more about this test. What doctor can evaluate with this kind of test? Doctor thinks that I have asthma, and he schedules me lung function test.

Hi! Lung function test evaluates how well your lungs work. Lung function test determine how much air your lungs can hold, how quickly you can move air in and out of your lungs, and how well your lungs add oxygen and remove carbon dioxide from your blood. The tests can diagnose lung diseases and measure the severity of lung problems. Spirometry is the first lung function test done. It measures how much and how quickly you can move air out of your lungs. First, you probably will have spirometry. It’s relative simple procedure. There are some other lung function tests, and doctor will suggested which test you will have. Don’t be afraid I had lung function tests, they aren’t difficult.