I have low blood pressure but I’m taking my medications regularly. Recently somebody told me that low blood pressure can cause acute kidney failure. Is it a truth or not? What is the connection between low blood pressure and acute kidney failure? Can somebody explain to me that, please? Thank you!

Extremely low blood pressure may leave your kidneys with an insufficient blood supply to function properly. That is one of the most common causes of acute kidney failure. Severe bleeding, sepsis, dehydration or shock can all lead to a drastic drop in blood pressure that prevents an adequate amount of blood from reaching your kidneys.

As urson had explained low blood pressure can affect how your kidneys function.  Low blood pressure as a consequence can leave your kidneys with low amount of blood supply and of course this is affecting the way your kidneys are working. And if your kidneys are not working as they should this is the most common cause of acute kidney failure.

If you are so afraid of this condition you should talk to your doctor to see if there is any way to prevent it. And of course if there are any steps you can do to improve the quality of your life and to adjust whatever is needed you should at least try. I hope that you will be fine and good luck.