My creatine level is 4.7 do I have to start dialysis?

Go to davita. Use the GFR (glomerular filtration rate) calculator. Enter your age, gender, race, and your creatinine level (4.7). Then press "calculate". Here is an example: Age=50 years, race=white, gender=female, creatinine level=4.7. GFR=10ml/min which would put you at stage 5 kidney disease that would require dialysis.

I agree with what hoseclamps has said although I am curious to hear how old you are and what this is in reference to. Have you suffered from a kidney problem? Let us know how you're doing, okay?

I'm 16 years old and have kidney disease.

I'm really sorry to hear about that. has anyone discussed with you what you'll need to do and what action you're supposed to take next? I'm surprised no one has if that's the case. Let me know how you're doing, okay?

Serum Creatinine
Creatinine is a waste product in the blood created by the normal metabolism of muscle cells. Healthy kidneys take creatinine out of the blood and remove it into the urine to leave the body. When the kidneys are not working well, creatinine builds up in the blood. If the kidneys lose their ability to filter blood (GFR decreases) more creatinine will accumulate and serum creatinine will rise. As a result, creatinine is an indirect marker of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) or how well the kidneys work. A creatinine level of greater than 1.2 for women and greater than 1.4 for men may be an early sign that the kidneys are not working properly.

Creatinine Clearance
Creatinine clearance is a measure of how much creatinine is in your urine. It gives an accurate measure of ability of the kidneys to remove the creatinine out of your body. To calculate a creatinine clearance you may be asked to save your urine for 24 hours and bring it to the lab. The lab measures the amount of creatinine in the urine. The normal creatinine clearance is greater than 90 ml/min.

GFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate)
GFR is a measurement of how well the kidneys are processing wastes. A sample of your blood is sent to the lab. The blood creatinine level is factored in with your age, gender, height, race, and weight to calculate your glomerular filtration rate (GFR). Normal GFR can vary according to age. As you get older it can decrease. The normal value for GFR is 90 ml/min or above. A GFR below 60ml/min is a sign that kidneys are not working properly. A GFR below 15 ml/min indicates that a treatment for kidney failure, such as dialysis or transplant will be needed.

I was 16 years old when I was diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy. I'm now 25 years old. My creatine is at 4.8 and my doctors have told my ill be on dialysis within the next 6 month.

Try Coenzyme Q10 400mg a day. My godmother was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease 5 years ago. Her eGFR was 37. I put her on 400mg CoQ10 a day. Her kidney function had returned to normal within a year. Her eGFR is now above 60. She no longer needs to see a kidney specialist. Check out the following articles
http://www.bastyrcenter.org/content/view/882/
http://www.rejuvenation-science.com/n_coq10-kidney_failure.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18784258 (animal study)
If this works for you, and I hope it will, please let me know. This means a lot to me.

IIF I HAVE CREAATINELEVELIS 2,4 DO I NEED DIALYSIS

Only a doctor can determine whether or not you need dialysis. I hope you are taking your medicine for your health condition.

Jus discovered creative level is 4.47 and may need to start on dialysis, is that in the range for such treatment?