I am 54 and have spinal ddd. I feel neck pain and numbness and tingling in fingers. I have no insurance, so I am wondering if there is anything to be done considering this problem.

DDD (degenerative disc disease) causes pain when discs wear out, this can happen because of injury or age (discs loose water and degenerate when we grow older). There is less space between discs available, so nerves become compressed and painful. Your symptoms, neck pain and tingling in fingers are quite normal for DDD. If muscles are getting weaker, this is a sign that disease is progressing. There is a treatment; it includes non steroidal inflammatory drugs and physical therapy. Surgery is for patients that have more severe cases of DDD; for example that have muscle weakness

I understand your post is from 05, so you may have solved it in other ways, however, depending on the severity of your DDD and overall disc issues, inversion therapy and a regular regiment of stretching can alleviate some of these issues.

I would STRONGLY recommend calling a Doctor or Nurse helpline or find a clinic so you can get some direction before just starting any home therapy session or routine.

I wish you well.