I am almost 40 and my doctor thinks I am in the beginning stages of peri menopause. I woke up early in the morning with a burning sensation and tingling in my fingers. I couldnt get back to sleept and the tingling went away but the burning sensation has been with me throughout the day even though it subsided during the day. In the past hour the burning sensation has returned as strong as it was this morning. Could it be perimenopause? My heart is good but I am overweight. Help!

Hi! Has your doctor performed any other tests like blood work or MRI to check for spinal disorders?
If nerves that send messages to the arms and fingers are squeezed, they could be causing similar symptoms. Also, lack of vitamin B-12 can cause similar symptoms and this is why you should have a blood work done.

Alcohol abuse often leads to similar symptoms as well as diabetic neuropathy.
Diabetic neuropathy also represents deterioration of the spinal cord and its nerves but it is due to diabetes.
I think that before jumping with conclusions about entering menopause, you doctor should first check all the possible underlying conditions and then rule pre-menopause symptoms.

:-( I have severe pain in my neck. it has been going on for 6-8 months now and is so severe i have a constant lump on my neck. I have constant headaches, nausea, fatigue. The pain is so severe, i also have numbness in both arms and hands. I have trouble sleeping at night because the pain is so severe. What should i do.. Is there a surgery that can treat this pain.

I'm a 23 year old male, I often get this wierd burning sensation in my left arm out of nowhere, I even sweat more from that arm. What could be causing this?

fibromayalgia? do your feet have weakness kind of like a fever?