My wife just got a period on July 27. It was 7 weeks 2 days after he was born. She has breastfed only with baby sleeping though the night. With that said, we had unprotected sex early in am hours on day 9 of current cycle. I am sure I pulled out on time. But still feel really stupid about having sex anyway. What do you think odds of being pregnant are. She only had that one period. If I make it through this I will never have unprotected sex again.

The one thing that you do have going for you is that breastfeeding acts as a natural birth control for preventing pregnancy in the female body, not always effective but this is one benefit of breastfeeding.  Unfortunately to know 100% you will have to wait around 3 - 4 weeks to test on a pregnancy test, if she is, it won't harm her milk production or her body.  Ideally though she should have about a year or more to heal her body before getting pregnant again, but your concern is nice to see and I'm sure that you don't REALLY mean the no sex part, that is a long time of abstinence my friend.  Just use some protection in the future and you can have more fun with no accidents.

This is my update to being worried about wife possibly being pregnant. She got her period last week on the 6th of September. I said I pulled out for sure in time. Also, wife was breastfeeding. Odds were not likely for her to be pregnant. With that said, being pregnant isn't like a bet on a ball game. If I lose a game bet whats the worst? A few dollars. However, as much as I love my children, I can't have anymore, I was stupid for having unprotected sex anyway right after my boy was born. I am glad the period is here and I am not having sex again until I am sterile. I go to the doctor in October to be fixed. I mean no sex at all regardless of the pill, condom or whatever. This last scare had me going crazy. Never again. That still doesn't mean I don't love children because I do just no more for me.