Today I was told I have Herpies. I am 64, married, have not had sex for maybe 2 years, have kissed my husband, a peck, nothing serious, in other words I have not been exposed unless it was over ten years ago. Is it possible I do not have Herpies and have something else?

Just a simple friendly kiss could have caused your infection. Herpes is infectious when blisters are present and if you have kissed a friend who had sores, you could have contracted the virus because it is spread skin to skin, and even more by healthy mucosal surface (in the mouth or genitals).
Herpes can’t be spread by sharing utensils, drinking from the same glass, etc because the virus doesn’t live long on the outside.
A blood test may be done to check for herpes antibodies which will always be present if you had an outbreak just once.
Even if something happened ten years ago, and you contracted the virus, you will always have the virus because it cannot be eradicated from the body. It stays hidden within spine and causes outbreaks when the immune system gets weak.

I have never had an outbreak before. I am 38 years old and have been with the same partner for twenty years. How could I have had contact with this disease?

i have herpies but im a virgin and have never kissed anyone ever

it depends on if she was broke out or not

can you get herpis have un precter sex

One of the problems with herpes Simplex, especially on the mouth is that it can be caught when you were a child and had a slobbering relative kiss you with an open sore on their lips.

The simplex virus can remain dormant for many years but come to the surface with being generally run down, with a cold etc..

When the sore is open and wet, do not kiss anyone, child or partner as it is virulent.

An article that I read some years ago on this said that the virus resides in the brain at the end of the nerve ending where it was first received waiting for the right conditions to erupt on the skin at the end of the nerve.

There are many creams for treating Herpes Simplex, (Not Cures) and the cream must be applied to the area as soon as the first tingle is present. You will know when it happens.