How can I prevent external outbreaks? I can feel that it will appear, but I was hoping that I can stop them breaking out? It is sore and itchy. I am thinking on cold sore and herpes outbreaks. Thanks in advance.

Some people may feel the symptoms coming on and if you do, you should immediately apply antiviral creams, such as Penciclovir or Acyclovir. With these you can prevent external outbreaks. The pre-outbreak symptoms are usually an itchy or irritated or tingling sensation around the mouth. I am using Acyclovir mostly and it works great.

For those who suffer from painful cold sores, fever blister, Herpes simplex, I have found magic.
When I feel that sensitive, itchy, hurt time when you know you will have one but cant see it yet, I take L-Lysine. At a drugstore near you for about $5. Immediately take 2000 - 2500 mg, 4-5 tablets, swallow whole with a glass of water, 4-6 hours later 2 more tablets- 1000mg. I usually will not have a outbreak at this point. If you do continue Lysine 2 tabs 2xs daily for the duration of sore, couple with 1000mg of vitamin C for tissue healing.