Hi, last week I went to have my regular check up. The doctor ordered standard blood and urine tests and did basic exams. Almost everything was in perfect shape, except for my kidneys. The doctor said that I have proteins in my urine and that this is not good. He said that my kidneys are not working properly and that he will have to do some additional tests to determine what is wrong with my kidneys. I have never had any symptoms that might indicate that my kidneys are not working properly and this has come as a surprise. Can you tell me what the cause of my kidney problems might be?

Hi, there are many kidney conditions that can go undetected. One of them is proteinuria or protein presence in the urine. Proteinuria is not a condition on its own, but rather a sigh that your kidneys are not working properly. You see, kidneys are a kind of filters that clean our blood from excessive water and waste products. If there is something wrong with them, salts and toxins may remain in the blood or proteins and other important molecules may be eliminated. The kidney function is usually disturbed because of the conditions that cause the inflammation of filtering cells, called glomeruli. In the first stages proteinuria shows no symptoms, but if the condition is not treated it may have more serious consequences. Your doctor ordered additional tests to estimate just how well your kidneys are working and what would be the best treatment. There are a lot of medications used to treat this condition and I hope that they will improve your kidney function.

Out of the blue, I was told that I have kidney failure, due to four yeaqrs ago, when I had four bypasses. Only now it is discoverd. My age is 74years Because of my age and my heart there is nothing they can do for me. I eat and drink very badly, and has lost a lot of weight. What is waiting for me with all this, please.

It is right that all organs will not work properly with the aging. But you still have to receive treatment for your current condition, so that your life quality can improve.

I want that if both the kidneys do not work properly what will happened? What is the doctors advance?