Hey,
Is oral sex during my mensturation cycle hygenic? I am asking in regards to a man 'going down' on a woman during her periods.. What are the health risks of swallowing her menstrual blood?

Legend
Aww ... Well, I wouldn't even try it! There are a lot of reasons. First of all, this cannot be hygienic at all. Most of all because the menstrual blood will be dismissed by the body itself and it just cannot bring nothing good. It's better to wait a couple of days before you perform oral sex on your partner.

Btw. if you urgently need to satisfy your lady during menstrual period, then try with fingering, it's not so awful like oral sex ;-)

There is nothing awful about oral sex, during your period or not.
Woody Harrelson ate his wife's placenta after she gave birth to her child. This is beleived in some cultures to add years to your life.

Unless you have some kind of disease or infection, I don't see anything wrong with ingesting an amount of menses.

Personally I would rather not, but that's just me.

Men who are willing to do this are referred to as "Red Wing Warriors".
Don't ask what a "Brown Wing Warrior" does.

Well...for those men who "see nothing wrong with it" I question their awareness to the risk of aquiring HIV, other STD's, even hepatitis, etc etc etc.

Sure you have a choice...but if you play you may pay.

is oral sex healthy or unhealthy.I enjoy giving it but my partner is hessitant.

if ur partners genitals are clean, then its totally healthy... theres nothin wrong with it..

Actually, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds. Just because it leaves the body doesn't mean it's all bad. For example, urine is steral. In fact, it save a guy once when he was stung by a jellyfish and had his buddy pee on his leg.

As for menstrual blood, a lot of women use it in their gardens or indoor plants to help them grow and it's quite good for them. As long as the woman doesn't have any blood born diseases (HIV, HPV, Hepitis, exct) then you should be fine to ingest menstrual blood, it's actually a great source of iron! So, basically, if it's your long time partner/wife/woman not having sex with anyone else and clean then you're good to swallow her blood. ^^

(I'm a girl, bisexual, and if I had a girlfriend I would willingly swallow her blood, nor would I have a problem with a girlfriend or boyfriend swallowing my blood if I had either so long as s/he was willing.)

If you let her do oral on you she risks getting a mouthful of semen.
You should not be afraid of giving her oral at any time, even through her period.
If you are both faithful to each other there is little risk.
To inprove bonding and promote good health you should both sleep naked 365 days a year, even on coldest winter nights without bedroom heating or electric blankets
You have each other to keep you warm..

This will let your bodies breathe and the sex will be wonderful and well reward you for being cold in winter.

i like sex

So, basically, if it's your long time partner/wife/woman not having sex with anyone else and clean then you're good to swallow her blood. ^^

I agree. I do it with my girlfriend who 1st drank her own.
She uses divacup or thekeeper.
Now i drank it too, and its a shame this highly nutrient fluid is wasted.
Using a menstruation cup also saves thousand of tampons.
I am doing it because i an spiritual moment i saw this would be the cure for my lyme disease.
And it is under control now

I have try it myself several times ;-)p So now I'm "Red Wing Warrior" :-)) Didn't know that ;-)

For me sex and menstruation go along together very well every time :-) Both I and my girlfriend experience extra genital pleasure, not because the idea but because real physical pleasure.

Regarding the oral sex, as I said, I have try it several times but the last 2 times when was really bloody :-)) and it didn't disturb me neither the taste or swallow. At the end it was really sexy, intimate and I didn't get sick ;-)

I'm a 32 year old gay woman with a steady partner of six years. Both of us are healthy and decease free and we both perform oral sex on each other without constraints with our menstral cycles. I can tell you that sex and orgasms during our menstrual cycles helps with shorter periods and cramping. Plus, we have very much become fond of our distinct taste during our periods. If you can control the mess, and are not opposed to it....try it, you'll like it.

A half century ago when I was in the Army, I had a girl friend who loved oral. We only got to see each other on weekends and as soon as we were alone she would shove my face in between her legs. If she was on her period she just whipped that Kotex and belt out of the way and I learned to love her taste at all times. As you mentioned about the periods and cramps, she had horrible cramps that would put her in bed in agony at times. There was nothing they could do about it. We found that me giving her oral helped her immensely and our problem was not letting her mother see that she was having an easier time because of me. (Her mother hated me)

I am a 60 year old man and started going down on my "to-be" wife back in the 60's... We weren't having intercourse then but would engage in oral sex. Well, you couldn't waste a week out of the month so we decided to continue on with the activity any chance we got. We both have had only each other as sexual partners and while she hasn't had a period in about 10 years, we were never concerned with any issues. (Well, she was Irish Catholic which led us into "oral-only" sex until marriage. )... Maybe that was the issue. And still today, "Taste's great. Less filling!"

I'm 63 years old and have been doing oral menstrual for most of my sexual life. I've become very fond of oral at period time and I'd encourage ANY one to give it a try. Now, if only I could find a nice lady young enough and who would allow me the pleasure. My wife hasn't had a period in many years.