hi
i have doubt regarding osgood schlatter disease. i had osgood schlatter abt 2trs ago and it was cured.but stilll, eventhough there is no pain in the knee there still remains asmall lump.and my height is not increasing .i would like to know wether my height and this disease has any relation??

otherwise, will osgood schlatter affect my height???

Hi! Osgood-Schlatter disease occurs during growth spurt. Growth spurt occurs in adolescence and it may last for about 2 years but it is not known when it is about to happen. Growth spurt means that a child is growing more rapidly. During this period, they grow in height and their bones are growing as well and if the person is involved in a lot of sports activities, s/he may develop Osgood-Schlatter disease like it happened in your case.

The lump that remained is normal and it might stay there until you grow up. The lump is nothing to worry about, it won’t cause any additional knee problems.
Complications of Osgood-Schlatter disease are rare. They usually involve chronic pain or swelling in just one area and if this happens, a person may want to use ice or anti-inflammatory medicines.

Osgood-Schlatter disease usually goes away when a child’s bones are done growing.

I doubt it could have interfered with your height.

i have this now how do i cure it?

Hello there! There isn’t much you can do to cure it since the disorder goes away on its own once you stop growing. However, there are things you can do to promote healing and this means you will probably have to limit your activities.

Do you go in for some kind of sports? The problem usually happens to very young, active individuals, most commonly boys. The disorder may last anywhere from 6-24 months when it goes away on its own. What kind of symptoms are you experiencing? Are you in pain? In many children who suffer from it, the pain aggravates with activity, so cutting down on it is recommended.

The pain and following symptoms may fade away and then reappear until the growing stops.

There is no recognized treatment for this disorder. Like I said, there are small steps you could take, to decrease the severness of the symptoms and inflammations.

The most important thing is to rest the affected area, so that it could heal. You should apply ice on it, but never directly as ice could aggravate your skin. You should always put some ice in a cloth or something. If you are in pain, you could take NSAID drugs like ibuprofen or Tylenol that work to reduce both pain and inflammation.

When you engage in sports activities, make sure you wear a pad over the affected knee, so that it wouldn’t get irritated and a strap to relieve pressure on the area.

If you are not involved in any specific sports, you could turn to swimming or cycling- sports that don’t involve jumping or running.

If your pain’s debilitating, you should talk to your doctor about it and see what he would suggest.

Learn about your pain tolerance and don’t play through severe pain as your condition may get worse.

if i ice it take swelling pills and do everything i can to get reed of it will it affect my growth spurt

I think i have it now im getting checked tomorrow  but am i going to get taller because of this? does this mean im growing? i hope i am im 16 and i play basketball and football i started feeling these sharp pains like 3 weeks ago

Do osgood schlatter can affect my Height and Growing?

Same, the reason i stop playing basketball is because of this problem. My osgood schlatter is still growing and it wont go away, i think i should get a check up and get rid of this

yes that is so true I am not even growing right now and it rally hurts to pound

no it will not trust me i am still growing and it has not effected any thing but the pain hurts

31 years old and still have it. Never went away it only got worse. I was very active as a kid throughout college.

I have ogoods schlatter disease and im supposed to hit a big growth spurt but I barely see any change is there any explanation for this