Im 15 yrs old and I can do.. like a 100~120 lbs Benchpress and my lat ( for the back ) the max lbs I can do is like.. 140.. will it Affect my height growth? I am 15 yrs old I've started weight lifting seriously about.. last summer only

if you are young you should not try yourself in bodybuilding. it may increase your hormone but its not good for your body enlargement. you should train your muscles by doing real sport like football, basketball or soccer. maybe the best age to start BodyBuilding is like 18-20years.

Need reply

Hmm.. how bout lighter weight lifting then boxing? will that do fine?

New Member
The National Strength and Conditioning Association, one of the world's premiere exercise authorities, has taken the position that properly designed weight training is safe for children and young teenagers. Likewise, Dr. William Kraemer of the University of Connecticut believes the same and has published books about youth weight training. Neither authority believes that weight training affects height growth.

I started lifting at 15, and it has made a huge difference in my health, strength, and quality of life. Get the advice of a knowledgeable PE teacher or coach at your school to help you get started.

height is not affected at all by weight lifting n stuff ..
i m also doing d same things n im affected by it..
height merely depends on the growth hormone of the pitutary gland..

do u think dat lifting weights will have an anti-gravity action???
dese r all rumours ..
keep lifting weights and build ur body..

Don't listen to the c**p answers; weightlifting is not only good at your age, but more kids should start doing it. I started weightlifting young, and only good things come from it. Here are some sites to check out:

stumptuous.com: click the IRON link.

t-nation.com Bodybuilder website, read all the articles.

Lifting at fifteen is perfectly fine, will not cause any problems. It you go to t-nation.com, search for the user dl-. Thats his username. He is fifteen in those pictures. You'll never doubt that a fifteen year old can't lift.

only roids and creatin start growth
don't do that and start using lighter weights with at least 10-12 reps with 2 sets

Weight lifting does NOT stunt growth. A friend of mine has been lifting since he was nine and he's fifteen and just as tall as me about 5'9. I'm sure you've all heard this before, but really dont push yourself. You can use a light to heavy weight as long as you have good form and are careful in not hurting yourself you should be fine. Steroids, however creates a myriad of problems and not only will it severly stunt your vertical growth it will make your bones brittle and weak.

I AM 14 YEARS OLD ON BENCH PRESS I MAX OUT AT 185 ON SQUATS 300 PEOPLE TOLD ME IT WOULD stunt MY growth I SAY THAT I WOULD GIVE UP HEIGHT FOR STRENGHT ANY DAY AND I DID . IM 5FT. 3IN. 135 POUNDS. IT WILL HELP YOU ALOT . I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOOTBALL FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS I HAVE WON MVP 4 YEARS MY 5 YEARS WHICH IS NOW I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL . PLAY RUNNING BACK

hey im also 15 and started serious weight lifting when i was 13 and i grew 5 inches.

I am 15 and i have been lifting for 2 years now, I am 5'7 and i weigh 165 pounds. I max out at 205 Bench, 255 Squat, 205 power clean. I don't know if my height has been affected but it is all normal because everyone is pretty much on average same height no problems man, just keep doing what you doing and you will have great results.

twat.
anti-gravity? right.
considering gravitational pull is towards the centre of the earth (downwards),
'anti-gravity' would mean upwards.
so what your trying to say is something completely different.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

I'm 13.......can I start weight lifting?? ?

This is a myth that has to be killed.

When Guest says that you should play basketball, this is a nonsense because in a basketball jump youre putting eight times your bodyweight in pressure to your joints because of the force of gravity. and if this doesnt affect growth, weightlifting wont affect either! because when you make a squat youll be lifting maximum two times youre weight, not eight times as in basketball!!!