A year ago I ended up in the ER for what I was sure was ruptured ovarian cyst. But, my ovary was not visible at all on ultrasound and I was scheduled for contrast CT scan which didn’t help much to clear things out. I had no other options but to have a surgery, and when biopsy results came in, my whole world was crushed. I guess I was lucky that they detected my ovarian cancer at stage Ic, but when the second biopsy results came and confirmed it was clear cell ovarian cancer all the hope I had left me completely. I’m a nurse and I had all the best care I could get, but even after the complete hysterectomy and oophorectomy, followed by 6 rounds of chemo (Carboplatin/Taxol) I know this is one of the most aggressive forms of ovarian cancer. For the last three months I seem to be in remission, but I can’t help but fear each day it will come back.

Hello, Guest.  I am so sorry about your ovarian cancer and the treatment you had to endure to get it taken care of.  I have read about the type of cancer you have (Stage 1c) and it sounds promising that with chemotherapy, the odds are really in your favor as far as staying in remission with this.  I am thinking you are going to be just fine.  It sounds like you had a good health team working to rid you of the cancer.  I know it will be hard, but try to live life to the fullest.  Try not to waste time worrying about the cancer when it may not even come back.  You will be going back for checkups to ensure nothing has changed in terms of the cancer coming back. 

Are there other women that have had this type of treatment to rid of their ovarian cancer and have survived past 5 years?