My close cousin has died at the age of 43 for the ovarian cancer that was recognized at late stage. Anyway I remember her symptoms very well it was 5 years ago and I am now 39 and I don’t have no kids. I think I might be having ovarian cancer symptoms-persistent discomfort and pain actually in my pelvic region, lately constant bladder problems and constant fatigue as well as constant sensation of swelling and bloating in my stomach. But what have terrified me the most is occasional blood discharge lately that has nothing to do with my period. So I’d like to hear are those ovarian cancer symptoms or not? Thanks.

Well according to the family history and regarding the fact you haven’t had any pregnancy- it is proved that ovarian cancer is more common un woman that had no pregnancy-and especially regarding the symptoms you have described the best thing you can do at this point is to see a doc in order to check are those symptoms ovarian cancer related. If you ask me I think that those are ovarian cancer symptoms and you better hurry for as you must have know it the faster ovarian cancer is detected the better chances are for it to be treated successfully. Anyway the usual treatment that is prescribed in ovarian cancer situation is surgery and depending on where and how much the ovarian cancer has spread the surgeon might decide to remove only affected ovarian and fallopian tube, but it more often happens that hysterectomy is performed-removing of the both ovaries with fallopian tube and removing of the uterus as well as the surrounded lymph nodes. And of course the chemotherapy is always performed after ovarian cancer surgery.