I am due for surgery next week for a hysterectomy, bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy and staging.
I had an ultrasound 4 months ago which i was told showed one larger and one slightly smaller fluid filled ovarian cysts, and enlarged uterus and fibroid. the larger ovarian cyst i can feel through my abdomen. I am not thin!
I have had a CT scan but the results are not known yet as they have been lost! I have a High CA125 result and am over weight. I do not have any symptoms so described for ovarian cancer. the reason why i had an altrasound was i kept getting UTI's so insisted to my GP that this was not usual for me. The UTI's were painful with a feeling of pain in my bladder but not burning.
Im not sure, but i think i have been suffering from Endometriosis over the last 8 years. I only presume as the symtoms are those listed for the disease. Pain in the lower adbomen, severe now and again. Also have had some severe pains in the right hand side on occasions. Pain during periods when going to the toilet causing consipation but only during the period. Periods of a regular pattern but different colours ranging from red in the middle to brown.
I had a biopsy of the uterus (scrapping) in October which has now caused me to bleed continuously but only slight and brownish in colour.
In October i was told nothing to worry about with the cysts, i would just get them removed as they were quite large.
now since my CA125 test, things are in first gear and im having the Major surgery this week.
Im of course terrified ive got ovarian cancer as that is how they are treating it, but could it be something else?
i am 44.

When i posted the last message, i was just about to go into surgery.
It turns out that it wasnt Ovarian Cancer at all. It was Endometriosis, although i did have an abnormal cervix. What this means ive no idea.
So although my CA125 levels were raised, and my cysts were huge, even the CT scan showed some worrying growths in the cysts, it wasnt that after all.
Ive still had everything removed, and my surgeon believes that my life will be much better as he said it was such a mess in there, with endometriosis on nearly all my abdomen. All my organs had been moved about with the cysts.
So it was a sigh of relief, although im still young, and have not had surgical menopause, im still going to have to take HRT until im 51.
Its funny, but somehow i knew it wasnt ovarian cancer. Guess I should of listened to myself, but am glad the surgeons acted so quickly!
Good luck to you all. :-D