I am in desperate need of help. I have had every known test known to mankind yet no one can figure out what is wrong with me. I was attracted to this site as I found the posts listed below of 2 people that had the exact same problem as myself but no one ever responded, and they drifted away.

This all started about a month ago. All arrows pointed to my gallblatter, but I have since had that removed and the pain still exists....

I have had:

5 blood work ups
2 Hedi Scans (before and after the gallblatter removal)
kidney mri
back mri
colonostrophy
stomache scope
rib xrays/chest/lungs
Pain injections
diabetes test
full STD work up

I have lost 14 pounds.

Pain is under right rib cage, also sometime center of back to under shoulder blade. Hurts to breathe sometimes on right, lots of pressure.

I will send you a nice gift in the mail if you can figure out what is wrong with me or point me in the right direction that leads me to an answer. Please read the below posts:

------------------------------
I had my GB removed in April, it is now Aug. I have bad back pain that just doesnt want to go away. It started about to two weeks after surgery. Ive had Xrays, CT scan, 2 MRIs done and they cant find anything wrong. IM GOING CRAZY. dont know what to do. I was told that i would be out of work for 2 weeks. WE ARE GOING ON 5 MONTHS. Has anyone seen/heard of anything like this.........

---------------------------------

am just past 3 weeks after gall bladder removal. What's up with this "mystery back pain"? i thought I was pretty much all fine and about 80% or better. But last few days my upper or maybe middle back on the right side is sore.

i saw 2 doctors today and they think it is just back muscle spasms. NOT A KIDNEY problem. I don't seem to have any urination problems or anything. no fever, no sickness etc. Maybe it is simply my back, but doesn't seem like anormal back pain.

meanwhile the surgey areas are a little sore and they were all cool the last week or so. Seems weird to me that the pain is sort of cycling back. I thought i was pretty much over it. I only used pain pills the first 3 days or so and felt improvement up until about 5 days or so ago.

Does it seem like the pain can fluctuate back in? I thought i was over pain.

the back seems the worst. it fgeels like about an inch or so just below my ribs on my right back area. Is this simalar to what you guys feel and the location?

it's not horrible- not like teh gall bladder was SOOOOOO bad. But this is painful. God i hope it's not my kidney. Docs...say nope. but man it hurts..

hey brucer,

ok first of all your not CRAZY..... not sure wats going on but perhaps we can work together and figure something out..... first of all how old are you and what do you do for a job. also how long have you had these back/stomach problems. and how long have you had this job?

thanks

It all started 4 weeks ago. I thought it was just a kidney infection. Started all these tests and then everything came up negative.

Main symptom is back pain under right shoulder blade, in right rib cage. Also bowts of nausea and weakness come on when the back pain is present. I thought maybe i was allergic to something, or shouldnt be eating something because the severity comes and goes but it is always there!

have you been to a chiropractor? how old are you? there are many diseases and symptomes which can be caused by back alignmet issues depending on which area(S) are out of alignment or damaged.

HI, I just went to my chiropractor for this very thing. It was a rib out of place. You can pop a rib out of place shoveling snow which I did, lifting heavy objects or even sleeping wrong. My symptoms started three weeks ago with feeling like I had a ton of weight on my chest. I felt like I couldn't catch my breath and had a tingling feeling in my chest. I honestly thought I must have a lung disease or I had a serious heart condition developing, it was very scary I never had anything like that in my life before. It made me tired, light headed and nauseated. When I laid down flat it was fine and when I slept it was okay also. My family doctor ordered a breathing test, oxygen test, Echo cardiogram, blood test, heart monitor and a chest xray. The chest xray, breathing test, blood test and Echo chardiogram all came back fine. I haven't received results of heart monitor yet but have a feeling it will be okay too. I am delaying stress trest and CAT scan a couople of days now to see how I feel. I have a regular chirporactor and when he returned from out of town today I went to see him. I had pain also below my right shoulder blade that almost sent me through the roof when he pressed on it. After checking me over and doing adjustments he said that I had popped a rib out which was putting pressure on my thoracic muscle causing the breathing problems. Within minutes I felt fine, what a God send he is. Hope this helps. This won't show up on an xray and unless you know what you're looking for such as a chiropractor you may think it's a heart or lung problem. It doesn't hurt to have those checked but the chiropractor visit fixed the problem and is much less expensive than all of those tests. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Wouldnt my orthopedic person have discovered this? Im going on 3 months. Im having a Rhizotomy on thursday where they burn the nerve in the back to kill the pain.

did you haqve this pain before surgery on your gallbladder? i think that perhaps the surgons did something in surgery and durring the ealing process caused this pain such as scar tissue building up.

Yes I did. Its from walking at work. retail SUCKS!. I just started a new job which caused all this stuff. The gallbaltter should not of come out!

I have also been suffering from pain like this for 8 weeks now. Started in the middle to right of abdominan but is now mainly beneath my right shoulder blade. Very painful and depressing as it can last for several hours at a time. I also have pain and tenderness under my right rib area, occasionally feeling sick and very tired (although recently pregnant so not sure if tiredness is caused by this).
I had a gall bladder scan and no gall stones showed up, they did find 2 cysts on my liver about 18mm big, but my GP feels this has nothing to do with the pain. He has now referred me to Gastro! I feel so ill with htis pain in my shoulder, it is horrible and just want to know what is wrong. I am beginning to feel like a hypocondriac!!

Sounds like you could have gallstones sometimes they dont always show up and the fact that
Your pregnant should of rang a bell with your doctor as you increase bile
Production when your pregnant, i had the sane pain as you and had to have
My gallbladder removed, you cant always see gallstones and you also could of passed a stone without knowibg
Keep an eye on your akin colour if you start to
Turn yellow in the
Corner of your eyes or in your skin geta really itchy you need to see your doxtor again, because your pregnant there isnt much they can do
But they should be keeping an eye
On you also ask for LFT blood tests

Hope This helps

Sitting up in bed always helped me to ease the pain

HI I HAD MY GALLBLADDER OUT ALSO I WAS TOLD BY MY DOCTOR THAT SOMETIMES THEY ARE A SLIGHT CHANCE AFTER REMOVEL THAT A GALLSTON CAN BE LODGE IN ONE OF YOUR DUCTS YOU MIGHT WANT TOCHECK THAT OUT PLEASE LET ME NO IF YOU GET THIS ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

I'm currently experiencing the same thing . I'm 38 female.thought maybe I pulled something getting out of tub on a thurs night. By sat I couldn't sleep on my back or on right side . Feels ok in certain other positions. I have no insurence til next month . Scared to go if know one knows what it is.feels like a knife is under my shoulder blade and wraps around my right side rib cage. Hard to breathe at times . Please help its not been that long for me yet. I don't think I can last that long

Hello Friend,

I would suggest you to get an appointment with professional Yoga Teacher and I am sure you will get your answer.

They might suggest you some posturesasanas to fix your issue.

Healthy regards

Call a chiropractor. My fiance had the same symptoms and 2 ribs were out of place. The chiropractor popped them back in to place.

Have you had your liver checked?  Could be a liver problem, or could be an ulcer also.  Just a thought.