:'( I have had right rib cage pain for the last 8 years and I have had two liver byopsies in the last two years and not one DR. can tell me why my ribs are hurting I was hoping that someone could tell me what I need to do or recommend a specialist that I could go to in order to get some answers because I am getting sick and tired of being in pain all of the time. thank you LM Couch

:-( Have you figured anything out yet? I have the same problem and am looking for answers. By reading there a lot of people with this same thing and it is discouraging me of running anymore tests as I have no insurance. I have been tested for hepatitis, gallbladder and they are negative. My liver was enlarged about a year ago, but on a recent ultrasound was normnal. The pain is with me every day and I get so fatigued It takes all I have to get through my full time job. I have been running a fever this time for a straight month. They put me on antibiotics for the 10th??? time this year. I am only 38 and feel like I'm 80. Help!

Hi Im 13 years old and just about a year ago i would just be sitting in a chair or something when i get this sharp pain under my left rib cage..i still have it and now starting to worry. Last year i thought it was just something normal but now im thinking different. Idont get it all the time,day in and day out but once in awhile it comes and when i breathe out and i feel the pain...i bleathe slowly after that like 4 times then it's gone. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WORRIED. i'm only 13,am i suppose to have pain like this

I have had a sharp pain in my left side since my first pregnancy in 1981. When I was in a bad car accident in 2001, the doctors told me that I have an extra rib on my left side that I was totally unaware of. It turns out that my mother has the same thing. The pain came from my weight gain during pregnancy and almost felt like my muscle was being pinched by this extra bone mass. As I have entered menopause and gained weight in my middle abdomen, the pain grew worse. I now do exercises to control my weight. I do not recommend doing sit ups, however, as these just seems to aggravate the condition. If anyone else is having pains like these, ask your doctor to x-ray this particular rib area. (Normal chest x-rays do not seem to detect it). Regular exercise and controlling my weight seems to have helped mine enormously.