Hello, I am 31 years old. I have a panic disorder since I was 25, and I used many medications and antidepressants. But now, I am pregnant, and I don’t think I am aloud to use anything strong. Does someone know which medicine is safe for my baby and me?

Hello, this is a very risky question, so you have to ask your doctor for his opinion, before you use any drug! However, I will try to answer your question the best that I can. During the pregnancy, only low doses of medications are allowed, so you better avoid all the stressful situations, in the case that your panic disorder gets worse. I didn’t hear of many antidepressants that are safe in pregnancy, but some of them are tricyclic antidepressants, like amitriptyline or imipramine. There is one thing you should be aware of, if you suffer from side effects caused by medication you’re using, there is a risk that your baby could be suffering too. You have to stop taking those strong medications that you’re using now, and if it is too difficult for you to handle, ask your doctor to help you with withdrawal. You should consider taking a Lamaze course to help you face this situation. Good luck!