(I have read and replied to a simliar post from some time ago.) I had my PG IUD removed 5/7/10 and since then I have not gotten a period (just two '5 day spans' of brownish discharge). My periods are irregular, but not like this. I was at day 44 when I got the IUD removed. So now I'm scared! I meet with a reproducive endocrinologist on 6/29, because we're TTC. Any success stories out there? Thanks!

BTW 5 Neg. HPT

I just got my pg removed after heavy bleeding for months and now no period since Dec 3!! 5 Neg preggo tests. Waiting on dr call.

even though pragard is not a hormonal method of contraception and it shouldn't have the same delayed fertility effects as hormonal IUDs do, it definitely does have similar effect to your reproductive organs. This happens because while the IUD is in the place, it changes it's surroundings, mainly, the endometrial tissue that surrounds it (tissue inside your uterus that causes bleeding during period).

After the paragard removal, it obviously does take some time for your menstrual cycle to restart and for uterine tissue to rebuild itself, like it normally does every month, after periods. I know the waiting is hard when you trying to conceive, but there is little that can be done now. Your fertility will come back.