Hello all. I got paragard installed (haha) last month on 14 April which is the same day I started my period. I expected my next period to

start 7 May, as I have short cycles, but instead I had light spotting on the 6th of red and brown blood with cramps and thats all its been

since for the last 4 days. The cramps are mostly on my left side but are mild. I keep reading that most girls' period after paragard gets

heavier. Am I pregnant? I took tests which came up negative but I know it could be too early or is this just the paragard messing with my

cycle? I know its still in there as I can feel the strings but I don't know if maybe it moved or what...Or maybe I'm just crazy lol

Hi there if you were to be pregnant then a test should come up positive if you have unprotected sex around the 23rd of april if you didnt have sex around that date then i would be giving your period a few more days to come through

have fiour a website regarding paragard for a bit of lite reading i have not had one myself so i hav not idea what the side effects are

http://www.yourcontraception.com/birth-control-methods/iud/paragard-iud.html

I would also think I should come up positive if I were pregnant but I haven't tested with my FMU and have heard of it taking longer with

some women to get a positive from a test. I don't know what to account the spotting to but I hope that you are right and I get a normal

period soon or that this is my period.

Thanks

Your spotting could be i got spotting in feb i dont have a iud in as i have personal views on that but was told if i get a neg. pregnancy test 2 weeks after my spotting that i would be negative result in which i did and i got my positive 2 months later after having a period in march

And yes if you use you FMU then you would get a positive result if you were in deed pregnant if you are 2-3 days away from you period using the early response pregnancy test or collecting that sample and taking it to the you general partitioner and getting it tested there as long as it was in the first few hours of collection