I am about 5 days late on getting my period. I have the Paraguard IUD and am NEVER late. I've experienced all symptoms that I get before my period (moody, bloated, breast tenderness and swollen, sad) but have not gotten it. I have had my IUD in for about a year. Could I be pregnant? If so, will I have to get my IUD removed forever? I love it and dont want ot loste it nor do I want a baby! Will I be able to get another IUD? What are my health risks right now? What should I be looking for? Help!

My wife has an IUD and this happens to her every now and then. We had the same worries but then eventually she had her period in about a couple weeks.

Hi There. I have a NOVA-T IUD and have had it in for about 6 months. I have only had 1 period on it and was supposed to get the next one last October. I am a little freaked out about this too...would love some info.

DO a Blood pregnancy test. and check with your OB/Gyn, 85% of women miscarry with an iud in., Removing it reduces your risk to 40%

I had a Minera inserted after my 3rd child almost 3 years ago. I just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant again. The first ultra sound didn't locate the IUD... no idea what happened. I'm told they usually they fail right away. My was still in place at my pap 1 year later. Take Minera's slogan "Imagine birth control you don't have to think about." with cation!

Good luck :-)