Hello, I'm a 16 year old male. A few months ago I woke up and noticed there was a small pea-sized bump on the shaft of my penis. I figured it was nothing, just a mole or something and it would eventually go away. I've done some recent research, could it be a tumor? I'm extremely embarrassed to see a doctor. It gets white and more elevated when erect, but still pea sized when flaccid.

This sounds like it, a penal tumor:

A. Symptoms
The most common complaint at presentation is the lesion itself. It may appear as an area of induration or erythema, an ulceration, a small nodule, or an exophytic growth. Phimosis may obscure the lesion and result in a delay in seeking medical attention. In fact, 15-50% of patients delay for at least 1 year in seeking medical attention. Other symptoms include pain, discharge, irritative voiding symptoms, and bleeding.

B. Signs
Lesions are typically confined to the penis at presentation. The primary lesion should be characterized with respect to size, location, and potential corporal body involvement. Careful palpation of the inguinal area is mandatory because more than 50% of patients present with enlarged inguinal nodes. This enlargement may be secondary to inflammation or metastatic spread.

I'm extremely scared.

I have the same thing.. any help?

Hey guys. Listen, we may be talking about some serious condition here. I would like to tell you that this isn't a matter or being ashamed or being too proud to see a doctor about this. this is potentially serious and could put you in danger. I will strongly recommend you to go and see someone about this, if you have the chosen doctor, you should go and make an appointment. But personally, I don't think that this is cancer, what I do think is that it may be a cyst or some kind of lump on penis. Let us know how it went.

i have a pea sized lump under my skin too but it never hurts or has ever bothered me in any way. ive always thought it was normal. its looks like a vein or something to me but im well up in my teens and its never bothered me so idk.

Mine doesn't look like a vein, although it does have a red line going into it - but stops at the center. Possibly a crushed vein by the bump? I'm afraid it will affect my relationships though.

Anyone? Please?

I am 16 years old too and i just noticed mine like 2-3 days ago. I'm really worried because I dont know what it is. It is like what you explained ; its pea size and on my shaft and it is under my skin and it is somewhat hard. It dosnt hurt or anything or dosnt bother me im just worried.

Im 15 and mine just happened like 4 days ago. Its exactly how everyone else is describing theirs, but im still realy freaked out. Can anyone please help?

Same exact thing but I'm fourteen.  Help?!?  I also have a pea sized hard ball connected to my left nut?  That is what makes me think its a tumor.  HELP!  I don't want to see a doctor, its just weird...

Well... I have the same but I really dont believe its a effin tumor.. Relax its propably normal

You guys need to stop being embarrassed and go get yourselves checked out ASAP. Better to get a check up and know what is wrong.

I discovered mine just today. I tried to squeeze it and now it looks red and bloody on the top. It is on my foreskin, but isnt connected to the main muscle. And I am also 14. Plz help.

PLEASE READ THIS (in re: to lump on penis)

So, I had the same thing. On the left side of my penile shaft ---4 days after having sex with my wife---a lump the size of a pea appeared. After 5 days of panic and it not going away, I finally bit the bullet and visited the Dr.. Apparently, it was a cyst. He took out what appeared to be a blowtorch (it wasn't) and froze the sucker off. After 20 seconds of pain, you'd think that I never had that fC$$ing lump. Do yourselves a favor, go see the dr. to save yourselves from the stress. BTW, he gave me a steroid-based cream for the itching. I wish you all happy health.

thx bud going to get ma penis looked at by the doc

I had the same thing it's gone now, here is how I got rid of it, but first let me explain a bit more About what it was. small white bump on my penis shaft about half an inch down from the head. When not erect you can move it with the skin. When erect it would be more noticeable. I when to the doctor, he took one look and said I had nothing to worry about. I asked him what it was and he didn't know but he knew it wasn't harmful. That alone is a peace of mine. So if you have something similar don't worry to much. I notice it appear after using coconut oil as lubricant when having sex or masturbating. Did any of u guys use something similar? A lotion perhaps? I did more research and it sounded like it could be a blocked sweat gland. I always use TEA TREE OIL for ingrown hair, pimples and stuff like. I use TEA TREE oil on this bump as well, ones every time before a shower I notice a difference in size after a week after a month or two it was gone. Now it's like it was never even there. Sorry if this is to long and to detail, I just wish someone would of told me and would of been as detail. I spent weeks freaking out about it and it turn out to be easily treatable. Hope this helps some of you out there. Please write something if this works for you too.