I am 29, and in pretty decent shape. Recently, I noticed a pea-size lump on the head of my epididymis after I had been have some slight aches and discomfort while sitting. I also had sensation of having to continue to use the bathroom. This occurred for a little over two weeks ago, and it has since persisted and now the pain on my left testicle has intensified. The lump appears to be solid but it is not rock-hard. The vesicles and vas defrens are inflammed, and I seemed to get aches in my lower abdomen. 

I saw my general practitioner, and he was alarmed enough to send me for an ultrasound. he also put me on anti-anxiety meds... The ultrasound report said they found nothing which is complete c**p because this mass is clearly here and is significantly bigger than the other side. I have seen a pair of urologists that work at the same practice, one says I have prostatitis and possibly a spermatocele, and the other said I have epididymitis, and I have been on Cipro for a week without improvement. I am not showing any signs of infection other than the mass: no discharge, no fever, no redness of scrotum - just pain and aches. My left testicle constantly aches, and the mass feels like it has gotten slightly bigger. I am also experiencing a kind of stiff back, and pains in the abdomen. 

Has anyone else experienced this, and should I be concerned for cancer? I am pretty freaked out. Also, can anyone recommend anything else i should ask my doctors or look into for a test? My doctors are treating me like I am just having panic attacks, and it is has been frustrating... What would cancer ofthe epididymis feel like? 

Thank you for your input!

Dude!

I also have this problem,  i was diagnosed with an epididymal cyst 2 years ago. it was confirmed via ultra sound. After a month of antibiotics, the pain that was confined to only my left testicle and just above the groin, suddenly stopped . Till 2 weeks ago, i went back to my doctor who is a female, who has no freaking sympathy, i asked to see a urologist, she denied me, she wanted to run STD tests, i said no, i have been tested for virtually all STD's , and all have been negative. Now the pain has been bugging me on my right testicle, which i suspect another cysts, on my previous ultrasound, it only showed on the left testicle. Ive taken ibuprofen like 600mg and it does nothing for the pain.

My Doc put me on antibiotic(doxycycline) , which would take care of any cysts due to infection(STD) , 100mg 2x a day. And i can say its not doing jack. Pain still comes and goes. Doctors know why cysts form, but not the cause. Like a mystery disease . I don't know how people are managing the pain, but i would like to know as well. Or a natural way to shrink these cysts.  

29 years old. 

Man, this has been crazy. I have been on Cipro for a month, and this thing has not gone down. I have no reason to have contracted any STDs either. I have no STD symptoms-Just this lump and aching. This thing is right inside the head of the epididymis, or what they call the globus major. It feels a little hard, but is for the most part, its mobile. I have had an ultrasound, and the doctors said that everything was within normal range... But clearly, it does not appear that way. You can see this lump clear as day just looking at it. I have also recently had a CT scan of my pelvis and nothing was found except a slipped disc and a phlebolith. I am starting to get a bit afraid of this thing. The lump is not really painful anymore, and it will occasionally ache, and it has not gone down since I have been on the Cipro. I am supposed to see a urologist for a follow up next week. I may end up getting a second opinion also because this doctor seems to think it is linked to prostatitis or epididymitis. I hope he is right.... Do you have a PPO insurance plan? I recommend making an appointment to see one. Even if you don't, you may consider just forking out the cash to see one anyway without submitting it to insurance. As far as pain, I have been taking ibuprofen and using ice packs... It is temporary relief, but it kinda helps. I would recommend continuing your meds, but you may want to see a male doctor.

yea im insured, i requested to see a urologist . Have you gone to your doc appt? How'd it go?

I have now had two ultrasounds and a CT. Everything appears normal to them, but my epididymis still is swollen, hurts, and I am now having watery semen. I feel like I constantly have to pee, and the Dr. claims that i am making it all up, and he treats me like I need mental therapy. I am pretty pissed off. I am really concerned because the symptoms appear to be worsening, and the antibiotic hasn't helped. I am getting a second opinion Wed. How did yours go?

I have mine set for tuesday afternoon, Question for ya, after ejaculation, via sex or self. Does your lower abdomen also hurt? For me it does, which i think is the spermatic cords that i think run just above the crotch, And second is your meatus puff up ?, The meatus is the pee hole. I dont notice mine puff up right away , but in the morning, when empty out the bladder, is when i notice my meatus puffy . And sometimes the meatus is red as hell. Im wondering its its related to our similar problem.

i have testicle pain also and found a pea sized lump on my left testicle but i only have pain when i work out! im only 16 an still a virgin so i dont know im kinda scared if its cancer it hasnt got bigger or hurt i dont notice its there unless i feel for it

Well youngkid my best guess is that you have two things going on, 1 would be that pulled your groing( hernia ), and 2 a cyst. But since you don't know what it is I wouldn't rule out anything, untill you get an ultrasound done. Only then you can rule out cancer. If its not that . So set up an appointment with your doctor , request an ultrasound, and find out.

I have a very similar problem.  I'm also 29.  I noticed increased burning during urination over october and november only when i drank starbucks coffee black and usually felt ok with other caffeinated drinks.  I started to worry it as a STI so I went in at the end of november (haven't had sex since august) and the doctor asked me if was drinking a lot of coffee.  I said yes (college student).  I came in negative for all STIs tested in a very thorough examination.  Well, I tested the hypothesis of the coffee a couple of times and had immediate burning during urination whenever I drink starbucks dark roast coffee black. 

So, fast forward to 11 January. I got out of bed after finished a cup of coffee.  As I twisted my body out of bed, I had a sudden pain in my lower right abdomen.  I was like sh*t, if my appendix is about to break its going to wait because I had to take advantage of this bowel movement.  After I pissed, I noticed blood at the very end of my urine stream.  I was freaked out and my abdomen was in excruciating pain.  So I took a taxi to the ER (which i decided not to admit myself) finding no comfort in the taxi - unable to sit up - i found a urologist the next day and told me I had a kidney stone.  The symptoms I described matched a kidney stone which I could only guess came from my heavy dependence on legumes (various types of beans, peas, etc.) as a main diet and soy milk for the past few months prior.  The urologist gave me an Rx for a CT scan and urinalysis but decided to sit on it until I could figure what was going on.  Doctors can't do much about kidney stones anyways unless they are very large in size.  The urologist asked me if i was having undulating pain back and forth between my abdomen and my testicles, I said no.  But a little over two weeks later, I did.  Now its more centralized on my right testie, hence, right abdominal pain, and noticed a semi-hard pea-size epididymis which i don't recall ever being there months prior.  I kinda felt something a week prior which was softer but evolved into a harder mass.  For the past week or so my testie is in undulating/intermittent pain.  One day of which the pain seemed to rotate back and forth between right testie and right lower abdomen. 

I am not convinced this is some how connected to an STI.  I was thinking maybe epididymitis which is caused by clamydia or something but I had urinary burning 2-3 months prior to my last sexual encounter and since it takes at least 2 months for something to show up on a standard STI exam, the results came back negative.  I might just get another test for STI after these recent developments.  Again, not entirely convinced this is related to any sexual contact.  I don't have blood in my semen, only one blood encounter with blood in my urine (symptom of a kidney stone - which could be picked up in a CT scan but didn't want), had one day of severe abdominal pain later by pain in the same right side testie, only a slight burning in my semen only if I am dehydrated when I ejaculate, and on and off pain in the testie which is more dull than severe.  I will probably get checked out again soon for STIs and get a urinalysis done for epididymitis.  I will probably go back to the urologist in light of my new symptom of pain in the testie and questions about epididymitis and prostatitis. 

Also when I got checked out for STIs in November, the doc mentioned I may have an UTI but my urologist wasn't convinced.  I bought an over the counter UTI test at CVS and came in as "trace amount" of a UTI but it was short of positive.  The urologist said those things don't particularly work well.

My issue is quite similar to yours.  I'm 26 years old.  About 2.5 weeks ago I felt an itchy sensation in my urethra and pain in my right testicle and right side of the groin/pelvic region.  I also found there to be a small amount of cloudy/white discharge from the tip of my penis when I'd wake up in the morning and the tip would remain moist despite drying it numerous times.

This scared me into getting a check up for an STD at a clinic.  I described the symptoms and my sexual history gave a blood test, swab test and urine test.  The results of the Urine test were returned within the hour and the doc told me I had a UTI.  

The results of the other tests are available 2 weeks after which if they found a STD they would contact you otherwise if you're clear they wouldn't (no news is good news).  No response and a phone call for the results (just to make sure) showed the UTI was not due to a STD.

The doctor gave me two weeks supply of Doxycycline - two 50mg pills in the morning and two in the evening - so a total of 200mg a day for 14 days.  After taking the antibiotics, there was no discharge present any more.  The swelling of the scrotum had reduced.  However, the pain was still present in my testicle and groin/pelvic area.  Taking Nurofen does reduce the pain but this doesn't change the fact that I still experience pain.  I understand that Doxycycline stops the increase of the infection and the reproduction of the bacterium, and that my immune system should fight off the infection.

I have been feeling around the scrotal area when I've finished showering in the morning and evening and have noticed that the the left testicle is fine, but there is a hard rough feeling on the right testicle (like a lump/bump) - on the side/top/back side of it.

I'm usually patient with having an issue/being ill but getting a bit worried as I'll be travelling to Asia in 6 days (missing/delaying this trip is a no no).

I'm going to visit my GP either tomorrow morning or Tuesday morning and see what they say/who they refer.

The pain is bearable and hurts only when i crouch, sit down/get up and walk.

Also, I think (not 100%) the doctor at the clinic wrote the code C5A - which is Pelvic inflammatory disease and epididymitis.

I'm not sure what the issue is but it seems like Epididymitis or maybe spermatocele.

I'll post a reply before I fly out with the symptoms and what the doc advised.

Let me know what you find out. Although I've never had any cloudy/white discharge nor itching just burning during urination amplified by caffeine consumption. This pea-size lump of the inflamed epididymis is still there but all my pain seemed to go way like 5 days ago when i woke up after i made my post. It hasn't changed in size. I went to bed but couldn't fall asleep due to pain in my teste so i took my underwear off and slept naked and that gave me relief. I always wear tight boxer briefs and skinny jeans and usually cross my legs when sitting which aggravates the mildly painful epididymis further. I think it was a coincidence that since i've been sleeping naked the pain stays away. But there is more to this. After being told it was a kidney stone on 12 january- which i am still not convinced it is one - acting on that information i completely changed my diet since then, no longer use cane sugar in my coffee, no longer depend on legumes as my main food staple (contributes to kindey stones), no longer drink soy milk, i'm avoiding advil/asprin/tylonal (except today which i will see how that goes which i took the day before i found blood in my urine on 11 january but never returned since hten), trying to stay hydrated all the time, sleeping naked, lifting my ball sac out between my legs when i'm watching tv to avoid any pressure there, i've been drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice EVERY day - diluted of course otherwise i was getting blisters on my tongue (a lot at first but came down to a half of a lemon a day two weeks later) - thinking the lemon juice would break up my "kidney stone" but it also increases urination something to do with uric acid levels or something, and i've been trying to jerk off one more time per week - absurd as that sounds - my rational was to keep the fluids moving to prevent backup. I don't masturbate so often maybe twice a week mostly due to my school work - for me anyways - it changes chemical levels in my body and i feel less focused on homework and feel dumber if i do it way too many times in a short period of time i fail miserably in the first 24 hours at doing homework. They made a Seinfeld about this so there must be some truth to that. So anyways, i'm just testing my hypothesis. Also, do you use any dip tobacco/snus product? I've been using snus for about 3 years and was wondering if that may finally have caught up to me. If the chemicals are ingested particularly if i leave the snus in longer than the recommended 30 minutes, it does leak but i try to avoid that. I assume it goes through the urinary track/kidneys but doesn't explain why the Epididymitis is inflamed. I'm just throwing this info out there.

i have the same thing my left tube is huge and i have the pea size thing on my right nut. No doctor is alarmed and each keeps looking into new causes but the only thing anyone can say is heavy lifting and i have to deal with it without a cure

also sergury for it is very iffy if it will work

I have this lump as well and was diagnosis with epididymitis  because of Chlamydia he said, he did some feeling around of my testicles and the right one was very tender and he said Chlamydia.  I thought well that could be possible so he put my on doxymed and left it at that.  But he didnt do any blood or urine work so I decided today to go to the local clinic and get checked for Chlamydia, HIV, Gonnerhea and Syphillis and guess what I have none of them haha, so there goes the I have Chlamydia theory.

I am off to another urologist on wednesday, i got the pea size lump as well, ache feeling in testicle and if i masturbate which I have kind of been avoiding it can get even more achey

i made the post above 2013-2-3.

since then i did test negative for chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea, hiv-.  the doc did give me doxycycline as a preventative to chlamydia because one of my sexual partners had tested positive even though i tested negative.  i just took the doxy anyways (i took this stuff in high school a lot to treat acne so didn't hesitate in taking it and i took it before i got my results back because i was freaking out a little even though i didn't have the full symptoms in recognizing the teste pain/epididymatus swelling).  my left epididymatus eventually swelled/gave me problems a few weeks/a month? after the right one swelled and have remained about the same size today but no longer bother me. 

the only change was i dumped nicotine (snus) as i was addicted for like 3 years.  i was also having abdominal pain in lower right and near the bladder (thinking it was a kidney stone bc i had the one incident with blood which never re-occured).  the chemicals were obviously running through the urinary track and probably messing up some organ.  i also am on multivitimins, fish oil tablets and a probiotic thinking i was experience some irritable bowel syndrome or if any of this can connect to the urinary track/epididymatus. 

so we all seem to be around the same age?  i just turned 30.  is this normal/last stage of maturity?  maybe?  see i had the abdominal pain and one episode of blood at the end of my urine stream just prior to the swelling of my epididymatus.