About a month ago I detected a lump in my right labia majora, somewhat near where my thigh meets the lips. It itches on the surface and if you pinch the skin you can feel a pea sized lump a little deep in. I thought it was an ingrown hair but no white head has appeared for me to try and pop it. It has not grown, it only hurts if I mess with it often, and the little pimple like bump (with no head) on the surface sometimes feels bigger and itchier. It feels kinda hard but it is moveable. Idk if it is an ingrown hair anymore, anyone have info on what it may be? I'll go to the doctor if I have to but I dont't wanna go and them say its nothing but I also don't want to wait too long and then it be something. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is the same problem I have been having for months now.  I gotten one of these lumps that you described in Oct., Nov., Dec., and now Feb.  I have been to two different OB-GYNs and neither of them have able to help me.  They just keep prescribing me antibiotics, but do not know the root of the problem.  One OB-GYN said he has seen a couple of cases like this recently, and went to a convention and a good bit of doctors are seeing a recurrence of this lately, but they don't know what it is, or whats causing it.  So I hope someone will find out what it is or shed some light on it, because it causes much discomfort.

I came to this site today to research this same thing. I started freaking out a few days ago now, because I noticed a hard lump/bump on my labia (that felt pretty large/nickel size or so) It also felt under the skin and kind of deep in..but I have had those 'invisible pimples' on my face before- they don't have a head, feel incredibly large, and hurt like hell when you try to squeeze them..because you have to squeeze so damn hard (and still nothing really happens..or clear and then straight blood comes out) and you end up with it scabbing up, taking forever to completely heal.

I got worried about this one on my labia, because of the zone it's in (naturally) but..after reading a lot of stuff on here, I am confident it's a case of ingrown hairs. That is what also scared me...after the one (the first and largest one) I noticed two more smaller ones on the same side, and a super tiny one on the other labia. I STARTED FREAKING..because I thought "How do you end up with this many ingrown hairs at the same time?" The first largest one- I got a mirror and kept trying to squeeze it, it hurt badly and I had to really keep squeezing it, to get anything to actually come out. I squeezed it it different directions too (while I was in the shower) like the front & back of lump, then side to side..thinking I am getting all the fluids raised to top and out. Initially, a very tiny amount of what looked like puss came out, then I took tweezers, and pulled the hair out (there were actually two) then the clear bloody liquid would come out, IF I SQUEEZED REALLY HARD! and created a scab from me puncturing it in order to get the hair out and have a whole for the built up fluids to release out of.  The other ones were just starting, so I tweezed the hair out of them, cleaned up real good, put hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip and coated each one really good. The smaller ones- that did the trick and the larger one..well, that is getting better slowly but surely, so I guess it just takes some time.?

Does anyone have suggestions on how to heal these quicker, what to do, more info on this? I hope I am correct about it being ingrown hairs. It's almost boil like, because of the hardlike ball/lump but under the skin, of course after the squeezing and tweezing a puncture occurs, but it was only getting bigger and bigger before I did that..???? 

They are uncomfortable that is for sure, and to get multiples at the same time SUCKS! Is there any info on how to prevent these, products that may help prevent, methods, etc..?? Valentines Day was yesterday but who wants any of that kinda action going on, when you have this going on! 

Thanks for any help and I hope this helps others too.

These sound like ingrown hairs but they might be infected/sebaceous pores (aka zits). The best remedy I've come up with that requires no squeezing (and pain from squeezing) or tweezing is similar to what you'd do for other infected pores:

Go to the bathroom and strip down there. Wash that area with a washcloth or in the tub and then dry it off.

Take some ice and wrap it in another cloth (damp or not, it's your preference on how much cold you want to go through), then hold the covered ice on the area where this lump is until your skin feels adequately cool (about 2-5 min or so)

Then fill the sink with hot water (as hot as you can stand it with your hands), and soak another washcloth in the water. Wring it out and then hold the hot cloth against the area for about the same amount of time or as long as it takes for the cloth to cool. Soak it again and do it a second time.

Repeat the process one more time: first cold, then hot. Dry off and get dressed, preferably with clean underwear. Try not to sit too much or touch it too much with your hands.

Repeat this process at least 2 times a day (I do it before I go to bed and before I shower in the morning). You can do it more time if you wish.

After about 2-7 days of doing this, your pore will clean itself out (it usually pops and oozes out the "stuff" inside until you bleed out the poor). This typically happens when you're using the bathroom or when you sit weird and rub that area accidentally. When this happens, wash the area one more time and then put an antibiotic ointment on the wound to help with healing (you don't have to do this, but I found it helps to keep the infection from spreading and helps the healing process speed up).

Hope that helps!

Using hydrogen peroxide is what slowed down your healing process b/c it also destroys healthy skin cells along with the bacteria. This is why many physicians and dermatologists currently advise against using hydrogen peroxide to clean wounds as it has been found to slow the healing process and possibly worsen scarring by killing the healthy cells surrounding a cut. Use antibiotic ointment or nothing (and let your body's scabbing/healing mechanisms do their job).

Also, squeezing or tweezing can cause more pores/hairs to become infected, so I wouldn't recommend it OR if you do it, make sure you clean the area sufficiently.

Thanks for the information. I can't see mine but I can feel it and is itchy. Strangly at the same time I got a small hemorrhoid on my anus. Its only been a couple of days and I've been cleaning with tucks, it seem to sooth both areas. I'll see what happens. Tks again.

I WENT TO THE DOCTOR (OB-GIN AND IS NOT FUNNY THAT THOSE GUYS THEY DON'T KNOW NOTHING!!!!MY OB-GIN..... BUT THEY CHARGE ANIWAY!!!!! .............. I WAS WITH ITCHING IN MY VAGINA AND SHE DON'T FOUND NOTHING. I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL THE SAME........THEY DON'T FOUND NOTHING. I DON'T HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE SO I HAVE TO PAY IN ADVANCE ALL MY BILLS, IF I DON'T HAVE NOTHING WHY THE ITCHING?....I HAVE THIS BY MONTHS AND KNOW I FOUND A PEA LUMP SIZE, IN MY LABIA, SO I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO, THIS LUMP DOESN'T HAVE WHITE HEAD, AND SOMETHING I FEEL FRUSTATED FOR THE ITCHING I USED CORTISONE, VAGISIL, VASELINE AND ALOT OVER THE COUNTER FOR THE ITCH AND SOMETIME IS JUST WORSEN, THE NEXT DAY MY SKIN IS WORSE OR WITH ALLERGY.... THE WORST PART IS WHEN I USE CORTISONE, IS HARD TO REMOVE THE CREAM THE NEXT DAY IF I JUST LEAVE THERE MAKE ITCH, PLEASE HELP.

The itching sounds like a condition I was just diagnosed with - lichen sclerosis. I'm treating it with a prescription of clobetasol.

Wash twice a day down there with the hottest water you can bear. It'll eventually go down on it's own in doing so. I've had several. Warmer weather and sweating down there is the cause. Speaking from experience.

For people that get ingrown hair especially in bikini area, laser hair removal is definitely the answer. I treat people with this issue and usually one to two treatments they get relief from this. The hair actually becomes softer less course and eventually after 6-8 tx hair is gone. Hope this helps!

I have the same thing. I got it on Monday and it hasn't gone away. Its Wednesday now. Im really scared and i tried to squeeze it, but it hurt so bad and nothing came out. Plus it is really hard. I'm not sure what it is. I'm not sexually active so i know for a fact that it is not STDs. But I'm concerned with what to do with it. Should i put peroxide? I tried the warm compress, but nothing drains out. It will get smaller, but an hour later after the compress session, the swelling rises again. So please help.

Same thing happened to me. It was one of those "ghost pimples" like you get on your face that you can only feel under your skin. Hurt like hell too. I took a hot shower and shone a light on it to find a head that perhaps I could squeeze just to relieve the pressure that had built up on it. Nothing. So I took some tweezers and just pulled all the little hairs out from on amen around the area. I figured one of them had to be the culprit. Surprisingly all the hairs were Imbedded MUCH deeper than I thought (judging by the amount of white stuff on the base of each one.) It was like a colony of hairs that had just rooted too deeply. Since then the lump has gone down significantly. It's day two since the "tweezer procedure" and it's really tiny now.

If you have a watery discharge as well, you might have a pH Imbalance that is causing over growth of bacteria. It will itch like crazy like a yeast infection. Need medicine from Dr. Or deal with it for about 2 weeks

I'm so glad someone can relate! I have a blueberry size ball it's in between soft& hard it looks discolored (white) on my bottom part lip toward my bottom. It doesn't hurt unless I'm rough, I'm scared to go get it checked! Many thoughts race through my head:(

Omgggg same here!!! My youngest son is two and I broke up with his father a year n half ago and haven't been sexually active at all so I only worry about cancer!!! I'm so so scared!!!