Hi, I fear that I have developed addiction to percacet. I feel down if I haven’t taken it. How can I top this condition?

Hi, since Percocet is a combination of oxycodone and Acetaminophen. Oxycodone is a narcotic analgesic by chemical structure, so it can develop addiction. Acetaminophen is a pain reliever that increases the effects of oxycodone when taking in combination. Perhaps, you suffer pain when you don’t take your medication, and that is why you feel weak if you haven’t taken it. On the other hand, if you have taken it too often then it can be addictive. Opiates are highly addictive, so Percocet should be used only occasionally, and not on regular basis. You can get it only on prescription, because of it’s potency.

I was taken percocet for 4 years, got addicted and at the end, Iwas feeling just as crappy even taking them, so then I knew I was addicted.
I tried to go off of them and went into horrible :!: withdrwal, I got to a doctor and I am now on Suboxen and it has saved my life, I take 16 mg a day and I have no withdrawls and my mind is so much clearer, and I can function normally, I willl have to be weaned from the suboxen but this program is for a year and I will have to taper off but they tell me in our group meetings, some have been off for a couple of months but they still feel the same as if they were on it, so I hope this helps, but please get help soon.