MY FRIEND HAS BEEN TAKING FENTYNOL LOLLIPOPS FOR A WHILE NOW. I DON'T KNOW HOW FREQUENTLY SHE IS SUPPOSE TO BE TAKING THESE BUT I THINK THAT SHE IS ADDICTED. SHE TAKES FOUR OR FIVE IN A TWO HOUR TIME FRAME. I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS DRUG BUT I KNOW THAT IT CAN BE HABBIT FORMING. THE DOSAGE IS 600 MCG'S PER ORAL MEDICATION. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED? I THINK THAT MAYBE I SHOULD GET HER SOME HELP. PLEASE HELP ME TO HELP HER.

You never said what your friend is taking Fentanyl for. It is addictive as it acts on the central nervous system, it is more physically than mentally addictive and often used illegally as a recreational drug due to its analgesic effects.

If your friend is in a lot of pain and the drug is helping, then she shouldn’t worry much about addiction as long as she is taking the prescribed dosage. Physical addiction can be reduced by slowly reducing the dosage over some time.

If you think that your friend is abusing the drug, then you should talk to her/him or the parents if still living with them.

I also thought that was true (if taking 4 pain under doc, don't worry about addiction)so not true! Your brain does get addicted. I never got high as a drug addict does, I guess do to the pain. You need to keep uping it 4 pain! made me sleep my life away plus I think it caused deep depression. I decided to get off 100mg patch even though in a lot of pain! Withdrawl was not easy 2 1/2 to3wks of extreme restlessness no sleep were the worst part. Another reason I got off was because i moved to washington state longview not one doc would prescribe it! pain management a nightmare!Hospital too. I believe fentanyl should only be used 4 terminal patients only, since u have to up it so much