hi there,

i am 26 six years old, i missed a few days of my birth control pills and now i am feeling extremely tired, and quite emotional, my period is due anytime now, but i am having this pinkish brownish discharge, that is not really a flow like a period but just off and on for the past few days, i did a pregnancy test, but it came out negative. is this my period, or is there a chance i might be pregnant.

You could be pregnant

normally if you miss a couple of periods you defeat the purpose of birth control, it throws it all out of sync. so there is a chance of being pregnant. there is a such thing as implantation bleeding. it usually last a day or two and is very light and may just show as a few spots. you could very likely be pregnant. there is a such thing as getting a false negative. some women take a few pregnancy tests before one finally shows up positive. it all depends on your HCG levels, they may be to low to be detected on a HPT because it might be really early on in your pregnancy. HCG levels are associated with pregnancy. wait and see if your period is late then retest if still getting a negative go to your DR.

i missed my pill and than i had sex that night and the next morning i went to take my pill and see that i missed