I had sex 1 day before my period was due, and then been having sex while my period is here,, what are the chances of me falling pregnant? And how early is to early to do a test??? I had sex 7 days ago and I'm sure I was ovulating during that time.....

Mabey go to a different doctor? Just to be sure, and try not to freak yourself out about it too much :)

Hi Cheecky,

You're unlikely to get pregnant having sex just before your period. You'd be at the lowest fertility.

Having sex during your period, maybe. It all depends when you ovulate. Normally you'd ovulate between about days 11-16 of your cycle (28 day). Sperm can survive up to about 5 days. So, having sex after about day 6, there is a chance.

Having sex when you ovulate is at peak fertility. The odds then would be about 1 in 5.

Don't test until you're late. Testing early will result in a negative. It takes time for the hormone, hCG, that the tests detect to rise high enough. When you do test use your first morning urine, it will give the most accurate results. If it is negative and your period is 7-10 days late, retest.

Testing early, false negatives are common. False positives are rare.

Good luck.