HELLO COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME. My boyfriend and I had sex on June 26th(which at that time I was discharging white watery ) I did the ovulation calendar on the computer and it says based on my last period my ovulation date was July 1st can I still get pregnant. I'm told sperm can live inside you for up to 5 days, I also want to know if you can conceive anytime during your ovulation period or would it have just took place on the first. I did experience period like cramping on Friday July 1st. Can someone please help me.

p.s I have veins popping out of everywhere my breast still hurt and it feels like I am gorged.

Hi Boss,

Yes, you could get pregnant.  Yes, sperm can live "up to" about 5 days.  You can conceive at any point during approximately 48 hours after ovulation.  Past that, the egg is not viable.

Your cramping was likely ovulation cramping.  The timing is good.

Good luck.

so if I take a pregnancy test it will be from me having intercourse on june 26th I'm just scared cause we have been trying but has not succeeded and when would it be okay to take a pregnancy test. Please help me out

The earliest to test would be when you expect your next period.  Any earlier and the tests are very unreliable and likely to give a "false negative."

Even testing at that point they are not entirely accurate.  If still no period by about 7-10 days AFTER your period was due, retest.  At that point, the hormone, hCG, made by the developing fetus, should be able to be detected.

Follow all directions very carefully, especially times.  Use your first morning urine, it is more concentrated so likely to show an earlier positive.

False negatives are very common, false positives are not.

Good luck.

Thank you medic-Dan I will do just that, now the only thing that concerns me is on the 17 & 18th of July I had a spotting it wasn't a full period or anything, I was going to take a test but then I got the discharge so now I still wondering if I should wait to test until after the 17th or 18th of this month?

Boss,

When was your last period?  It's not clear from the posts.

You had spotting on JUNE (you said July) 16 and 17th?  No period that month?  In that case test now.

SORRY IT WAS THE 17TH AND 18TH OF JUNE, WE ARE ON ON THE 6TH DAY OF JULY, I JUST TOOK ONE AND IT SAID NEGATIVE.. I JUST DON'T KNOW, I DON'T WANNA GIVE UP BUT I'M AT THAT POINT.