can someone please answer me i need to make sure i got it right! i had my period last week monday and it ended friday. my bf and i had unprotected sex last night, so thats 3 days after my period. was it my 'safe' time last night??

Hi Jkm,

It was probably NOT a safe time.

You had sex on Sunday so day 6 of your cycle.  Sperm can survive up to about 5 days - max.  You can be expected to ovulate sometime between days 11-16 of your cycle.  If you ovulate early then there is a chance of pregnancy.

You're "safe" time is about 10 days BEFORE your period starts.  The egg is only viable for about 48 hours so that would mean it's "safe" after day 18 - on a 28 day cycle.

thank you for your response. that applies if he came inside me right?

what happened was last night was our first, but we both didn't have an orgasm. He just put it in, but he did not come. Is there any possibility in that at all? I just feel so uneasy.

With any sexual contact there is a risk.
Was there precum?

there wasn't. i asked him about it too and he said he didn't.

It's unlikely he'd even know. Many guys can't feel it.

okay. I guess I'll just see how this will turn out after a couple of weeks. I just hope nothing happens. What's the first sign I should anticipate and when?

A late period is often the first sign of pregnancy.

You can test when you are due for your period. Testing early a false negative is common. If you can, and are late, wait until about 10 days after. By then the results should be accurate. False positives are rare.

I think the chances are very slim but there is always a slight risk.

Hope it helps.