My last normal period was July 14th. I was due four days ago. Today is Aug 15. I my period was due Thursday, and I had sex the weekend before. It was unprotected, however only lasted 3 min. I know the 'pull out' method is ridiculous, but no business happened.

I took a pregnancy test, and it was negative. Is it still too soon to take a pregnancy test? When should I take one if so?

I have a doctors appointment soon, just in case. With a nurse I can talk to...

But I'd like to know before. I also recently went OFF my birth control, and i found out people miss full periods after that.

When can I expect my period, and when should I take a pregnancy test?

Can I be pregnant? Can I get pregnant that close to my period? Help please.

No. You'd normally not get pregnant that close to your period.

You are correct. Stopping BC can cause you to miss your period. You may get it late, or it may skip entirely. Your body will need a period of time, no pun intended, to get back to "normal."

You can take a HPT since you're late. For best results, use your first morning urine as it is more concentrated and therefore more likely to indicate a positive if you are pregnant. Follow all directions carefully, especially any times. False negatives are common testing early, false positives are NOT. If you still haven't had your period in another week then retest.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

So it's pretty unlikely that i am pregnant? Because it's so close will a HPT be worth it now?

Thanks for the help.

It's unlikely but not impossible that you're pregnant.

You can always take the HPT if you want.