Just wanted to say....I just had 2 gel capsules lodge in my throat (scared me horribly). Jumped on the internet and found this page! THANK YOU! I didn't have coke-a-cola...but Pepsi =) I warmed it up in my mouth....swallowed...and BAM, right down! That was scarey...

look i had this problem too but i give few tips u can check when u takin pill always take water more becoz takin less water its stuck or its not stuck we feel that it stuck there. when u feel something in ur neck just use ur hand to take deep inside ur mouth that u getting some thing if not then nothing is ther is because we think too much if there some thing we make it big seriously do this u feel great without tention and do garlic for checking purpose becaz when some thing there u cant do garlic properly. when u take pills always bent ur neck back becaz there is nothing where pill can stuck when ur neck is bent back.

Calcium pill stuck in my throat

Thank you so much guys - I just downed an egg cup of olive oil and a piece of bread and it seems to have sorted me right out. Brilliant! 

lol....ii love the last part......ii guess its just a discomfort....but idnt really understand but....when a pill dissolves it leaves a very discomforting feeling.....and a hole or something like that..ii saw on another site....but ii have a feeling if it is stuck ,your throat would recongnize an make you start to cough.......

Your reply is awesome!!

I take teenie tiny pills and I feel like one is stuck in my throat. This is giving me major chest and back pain. It hurts to swallow and even breathe. I tried the hot water and I don't think it worked :(

Thank u so much this pill gettingstruck happens every year and today was the worse I even split the vitamin horse pill and it was so sharp then started choking felt like a knife in middle of throat I had to pull over and started to gag it was awful but now I hurts so bad ESP when. Swallow nd try o eat? Any tips on why this happens or is it safe to ea bec I think I keep making it whose by eating. 

Thank u blessings,

I had this problem. Eating Bread worked.

Thank you all for your posts!  My husband had a large oblong shaped vitamin just stuck in his throat and for the past 25 minutes he's been sticking his finger down his throat and trying to vomit it up.  The warm soda did the trick!  I'm so grateful to all of you!  Thank you!

Swallow chunks of JELLO!

Just because you triggered the swallow does not mean that the pills made it safely to the esophagus. As a Speech Language Pathologist who specializes in swallowing disorders, I have seen many pills stuck in people's throat/pharyngeal area and yes it can be life-threatening. If you frequently choke on pills or can not swallow then easily, ask your doctor for a referral to a Speech Language Pathologist who specializes in swallowing disorders.

I am taking pills the size of asprin and i get scares every time i take them bc i had a choking incident a mnth ago. I feel it may have went down the windpipe tonight how do i tell. I am talking and breathing but just scared

just had an advil go down the right side same spot, the bread worked first swallow for me.

I had two pills in my mouth, I had just taken a handful in the kitchen as always, I have xanax and muscle relaxant that I taken in the bedroom. It's happened before where I get it stuck and cough and have dry heaves. The time before last my ribs were sore from gagging and dry heaving and eyes water and felt I could breath. The last time my  husband asked me a question and I just put the pills on my tongue and I inhaled slightly and the xanax pill which is real dry and bitter got stuck against the back of my throat. What I was curious was when it finally came up and I was spitting as I was trying to get it up there was a trace of red in my saliva, would that be blood and is it a serious problem, should I tell my doctor?