Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone has any clues....For a few months now, whenever I take a pill with wtaer, I feel as if it has got stuck in the back of my throat. It feels like it's lodged in my eustachian tube, like it's going to move up into my ear? Normally it goes away after a while if I drink water and swallow a lot, but today I was eating some some broccolli, swallowed, and the feeling was there again. I tried water and also tried blocking my nose then pushing out (like you do when you equalise the pressure when you fly) but nothing helped. This was almost 12 hours ago and the feeling is still there. It's a bit worrying and its really stressing me out- is there any way that food could have gone up into the tube?! Or is it more likely to be stuck somewhere in my throat and the feeling is referring to my ear?
I also tried searching around my tonsils with a Q-tip, but nothing happened, although the tonsil on my left side (where the feeling is) looked a bit inflammed and there was some blood on the tip...I was wondering if this might contribute to the feeling.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know- I'm freaking out!
Thanks!

I think you have this sensetaion because your throat is irritated and when the food goes down you can FEEl it. You brain reacts on this like something stuck in there and when the throat or esophageal mussles go into spasm. I have this sometimes, esp. when I think about swallowing food while I eat. Try to think about something else and check if you have acid reflux. That's what my doctor told me.

I have the same thing! My mom dad and me have it. It's called an "Acid Reflux"! I was so worried! Im eleven and I did not know if it was a worm crawling up my throat or something! Im relived now. Im a Hypercondract! I think something will happen to me but never does so I would not worry about it. If it still iritates you just go to your doctor and have a cat scan and then they'll tell ya what it is. It's proally nothing im thinking. XD