so i usually bite my fingernails, but this time i was laying in bed and i tried to swallow it but it wouldn't go down. i took some water and i felt a little better. i went to sleep and i woke up and had breakfast. it then came back in the afternoon. i asked my parents about it and they said it would probably go away, but ive been feeling it 4 almost a week. a few days ago it was in my throat and then it went away but then i had a similar feeling in my ear. im worried that maybe its traveling thru my body but im not sur. it might be just growing pains. its now come back.ive had a littl shortness of breath but i naturally get that(acid reflux). 1 time it came up a little so  i stuck my finger down my throat and i felt it a little, but it felt like it was actually stuck in my throat. like i didnt feel all of it. i tried talking 2 my parents but they told me to stop worrying, but i feel really weird about it, so i thought this is my best option. serious comments only plz

Hello, well there is a possibility that it gut stuck in your throat but not necessarily. I think you just did some minor damage to your throat and the thing you feel is just a irritation. I agree with your parents, just dont be scared and it will go away soon. I dont think a nail can cause shortness of breath. Drink some tea and give it some time till the bruising goes away because i dont think there is chance that nail is actually stuck in your throat. That nail is long gone and out of your system. 

but i can actually feel it moving up in my throat. its probably lodged, because food isnt really pushing it down. when i swallowed it, i was laying in bed, and my throat must've not been very moist, so it like went down a little but then came back up

oh yeah, and i havent seen my doctor because my parents are saying, "be quiet, and just relax, it'll go away soon." but it hasnt gone away and its been a week now. my mom gets mad at me whenever i bring it up(shes probably just annoyed).so i think its a problem but my parents wont take me 2 the doctor

wolfpacker13 wrote:

wolfpacker13 wrote:

i can feel it up in my nose now. i kind of feel it in my throat, but i think it just scratched my throat. but ive been wondering, can it somehow travel thru my body? i just need to know how serious it is. i mean, i know it wot make me superman, but its been feeling really weird lately.

ive been havin headaches and pains in my head and nose. last night i felt really stuffed up and there was a lot of pressure in my right nostril and in my right cheekbone towards my eye. i was having trouble breathing so i got up and had some water. eventually it went away and i was able to get maybe 4-6 hr of sleep. but it might just be a head cold. my brother was sick recently. i didnt realize it and b4 i knew it i was sipping HIS gatorade. btw this was b4 my nail problem. so i might just hav caught his head cold. but i need to know how serious the situation is. and duh, i havent gon to the dr. because my parents wont take me. my family is really busy right now, considering im the youngest of 3 kids. but the point is either i need to go to the doc or sum1 tell me how serious it is cause im really worried. i need answers PLEASE.

Dear Anybody
Last night I accidentaly swallòwed my finger nail and It is stuck in my throat and I can still feel it in my throat I had a drink of Pepsi it helped a little but I can still feel it when I swallow it hurts I am frightend that it is stuck there forever

It's not. Trust me, I've gotten biggesr things stuck in my throat and they went away soon. Just relax.

A friend used hot chocolate to dislodge his. I have the same problem and I am going to have a milo after dinner.

Listen I swallowed a jaw breaker and I got that fat ass thing down my throat and in my stomach the food or drinks probably got that to go down and now your just feeling useless feeling but if your that worried I suggest something hot

I swallowed so of my finder nail this morning and i think it is stucks so i don'tknow how to get it out i have tryed to drink and eat things but it hasn't worked.

When I was a kid I always get something stuck in my throat but often times its a bone from eating fish. My mom always gets me to eat banana and it always works. So for anybody having a problem with something being stuck on their throat, eat a banana. Bite a large chunk but dont chew it, swallow it right away. Hope this helps.

I got a right thing for you. You can try to pick it with your finger by reaching it down to your throat. Or beg your mom to go to the doctor, you choose.

Hi. I have the same exact problem. Just drink lots of water and eat some food and it's gone. Hope this helps.

I'm going threw the same thing now I just want it to go away