Hello!
I need urgent advice!
For the past two days something very strange is happening to me. Food stuck in my throat (at the base of tongue) and causes choking like sensation. What the h... is wrong. This never happened to me before. Luckily I always seem to swallow it down or cough it ...but what if not???! I will choke myself eating???

Hey there,
I think I know what is wrong with you, but you still need to visit doctor if this is the case. The thing is called Pharyngitis. This is inflammation of the back of the throat and causes choking like sensation (like you have something stuck in your throat). Lycopodium is homeopathic remedy and it helps with constricted throat and choking.

When I eat small grains of meat gets caught in the back of my throat and it is bery irritating. I cough to make it come up, but it doesn't. I eventually have to trow up to make it come out? Is there something wrong with me?

2 days ago i ate fish and a fish skeleton part got stuck in my throat i cant get it out what do i do.

Im a 22 female the other night i was eating a piece of chicken and im pretty sure i got a piece of bone stuck in my throat the symptoms didnt apear till the next day just a sore throat then the day after that the pain was worse and it felt like the bone might of moved down my throat and i had a very bad cough as well but no food was coming up like a pneumonia cough and i was sneezing alot the next day which is today ive still got a bad cough no sneezing though but i think the bone might of went down the wrong side and enter my lungs as i have a deep pain on my left side this isnt the first time this has happened to me it all started after i took a diet pill and i think it got stuck in my throat i have a little pain when swallowin but when i eat it feels alot better i started to look it up and i found a natural remedie which i will be trying tonight heres the link

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** web adresses not allowed **

Thanx for reading my story

Have you considered that it might be an allergic reaction to pollen!!

I've had the same type of thing...feeling of a little bit of food caught in my throat after eating. It's so irritating, like having something stuck in your eye.

Anyway, I tried everything, cough medicine, throat lozenges, gargling with salt water. Sometimes my glands would be sore as well.

I went to see the dr and she couldn't see anything caught in my throat. Even went to an ear, nose and throat specialist who put a tube down my throat and he couldn't see anything either.

It lasted for a good 2-3 weeks, then all of sudden it disappered.

This was about a year ago.

I've now had it again, just recently and finally think I've worked out what it is.

On both occassions it's happened at exactly the same time of the year...spring!! just when all the pollen is about. I also notice that I get runny, itchy nose, but this is very, very mild and why I never suspected it was a pollen allergy in the first place.

There is not really a lot you can do except just ride it out. It's not chronic and will go away. If you want to help the symptons, gargling with a sore throat mouth wash will numb your throat so you don't feel it as much and will help to keep any infection away. Sucking throat lozenges that have a numbing agent in them is also just as good.

I've only had this the last 2 years and I've been living at my current address the last two years. We have this tree outside our dining room window and I've noticed at the moment it has HEAPS of pollen on it. Also mildew (due to winter) can aggrevate allergies as well.

What the pollen will be doing, is getting into your throat and upsetting the muscus membranes. It's most likely causing the muscus to become very thick and the feeling in your throat could be the fine pollen dust in your muscus (it could perhaps be trapping a tiny bit of food in the muscus as well).

I hope this helps. :-)

I was eating a piece of ham the other day and some one talked to me. Instead of taking the time to chew it up before I answered I swallowed the food. I lodged in my throat without choking me but hurt like h***. Now three days later I still feel the same pain in my thoat. I don't know if the meat is still there or if the pain is from the damage the large piece of food did to my exphogus.. (like a bruise)...

I plan to go to the doc with it if I don't feel better in the morning

I often feel like there is something irritating the glands toward the back of my throat. It doesn't hurt but annoys me. I've mastered pushing on these "glands" with a finger and pushing something out. This somethings is small and white, maybe food? It also smells which causes bad breath. I mentioned it to my family physician but was told to gargle. I think this opens my glands more and allows for more to accumulate. I've never had my tonsils out. I do have an enlarged thyroid and take synthroid for hypothyroid. Any suggestions? Would you recommend I see a ENT?

i HAD THAT HAPPEN AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE MY TONSILS WERE SWOLLEN FROM A BAD VIRAL INFECTION. THE SWELLING HAS NOT COMPLETLY GONE AWAY BUT IS ALOT BETTER SO I HAVE TO GET THEM TAKEN OUT

Hello, I had the exact same problem through junior high and high school. I was diagnosed with cryptic tonsils, and I know many people who have it. Some people's tonsils develop craters in them, which catches food as you swallow. The food eventually starts to decay, which is what causes the bad breath. I used to gently push the food out but all this does is help. I had to master the art of inhaling while I spoke so that people didn't smell my breath. The only cure that I am aware of is a tonsilectomy, but this is considered elective surgery since the condition is not life threatening, and most insurance policies don't cover it. Towards the end of high school I kept getting sinus infections over and over and they linked it to my tonsils. When I was 20 I had a tonsilectomy. No more bad breath or cryptic tonsils, and now I get sick once or twice a year like everyone else instead of a dozen times a year. I hope this helps!

I was eating some take out three days age ang a piece of my tooth broke off, and I didnt know and swolled it. Now its lodged in my throat, will it pass?

The bits of smelly garbage you're finding in your tonsils are called tonsil stones, or tonsiloliths. What happens is bacteria clumps up in the little caves in your tonsils and eventually find their way out. They're completely harmless, but stinky and irritating.

The smelly white stuff behind your tonsils are called tonsil stones. They are completely harmless but can be quite annoying. When they turn yellowish and harden they cause a scatchy feeling like something is caught in your throat. Like you said applying slight pressure on your tonsil with your finger, or even if you can get your finger behind the tonsil without gagging or tightening up the muscles in your throat should cause them to come out but be very gentle. Be careful not to scratch your tonsils as they rip easily and will bleed alot if you do. You can usually tell you have them when you brush your teeth and you still have a bad taste in your mouth right after.

Okay, so I was born without a thyroid, and occasionally where my gland is supposed to be will swell up, but it's been awhile that happened. For the past few days thought I kept having this feeling that something is stuck in my throat at the very bottom, and every few minutes it cramps up. I thought I was having a heartattack, but it kind of is like getting heartburn. I haven't eaten anything today, and I never really noticed it before, but it got exceptionally worse today, and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my lack of a thyroid, or if it's something else?

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

What you're experiencing are called tonsil stones (tonsilloliths). Google tonsil stones and you'll see tons of info. Dr. Katz' products help immensely. You don't need to go to your doctor.