I took my two large pills today around 5pm it is now 11pm and i still have something stuck.They were gnc muti vitamin for over 50 time released and a large glucosamine and chondrndroitin. I have tried bread,warmwater,the olive oil that was listed and now Iam sipping coke.I also tried gargling with vinegar!! I still feel it like on the leftside of my throat..Any other ideas?? I called the dr at 5:30 pm because i was scared but he assured me it would be ok.This is s first for this old lady!!

I just taken my daily tablet it is so small it is only 50mg bit my throat feels so uncomfterble any ideas as to what i should do?

This happened to me today with an oblong multivitamin. It lodged in the top of my esophagus. I tried heimlich and it didn't work because my throat was open. I drank about 2 gallons of hot tea throughout the next 8 hours as I contacted the manufacturer to find out how long or if it would dissolve. They couldn't answer that question. The manufacturer told me to go to my doctor who referred me to the emergency room for a scope because it didn't dissolve in 8 hours. Then I found this thread and took a gulp of olive oil and within a minute it dislodged and I could feel it go all the way down sideways in my esophagus to my stomach! My esophagus is scratchy now so I took a tablespoon of honey and rest. Olive oil is the trick!

Thank-you! I tried it and it worked.

N eyed help pill stuck back of throat went to ER said it can't still be there it's was a big pill 500 mg I am scared that I will chock on it when I sleep please help tried everything could it go down wrong tube and get lodged in my lunch ? Feeling scared

Sylvia, that is EXACTLY the problem I have right now. And every time I swallow it just re-lodges it and makes it worse. No moisture is going there so it's not going to dissolve, and breathing nor coughing are strong enough to affect it. I AM GOING CRAZY. I have tried to make myself sneeze but no luck yet. That's the only thing powerful enough I can think of to maybe help here. Otherwise I will just wait it out like you did -- unless you found a solution.

Thanks
Doug

PS - I tried the olive oil and it's still there. :(

Oil works in seconds. I had a large oblong collagen pill stuck and I was really scared, didn't dare to swallow anything, found this forum, took a teaspoon of virgin olive oil, gone!! Next time I know what to do. Thank you very much whoever posted this.

What a waste of an experiement.

Pill stuck in my esophagus was one of the worst experience I had :(
Thanks, drinking olive oil and hot water helped me. For 1 hour I have been in trouble, a big sleep pill was stuck in my esophagus. I tried your solution, it is helping a lot. Thank you very much.

I have taken vitamins for years and this has never happened to me until tonight. Thanks to the tips in this thread it was resolved in about 10 minutes. I had a huge vitamin C tablet stuck in my throat. Gargling dislodged it and then it got stuck lower down which was really painful so I moved onto bread as the gargling didn't make a difference there. 4 mouthfuls of bread later I was back to normal. What a horrible, painful and stressful experience though!

Did they give you anything for the pain with the cricothyroid issue?

Wow. Hope you are better. My son has a chronic issue with swallowing pills. I hadn't thought of a sprained muscle. He's tried everything for relief. Guess he should see a doctor. Thanks

How bad was the taste? Did you gag?

Got a large pill stuck in my throat and drank the shot glass of olive oil. It was successful and had a couple of extra BMs but that was okay.