I have a popcorn husk stuck in my throat, and its hanging on tight. Its been there a week and I cant get it to move at all. Any suggestions?

ME TOO! I just noticed it today and it is driving me nuts. i ate popcorn last night. nothing is working. :-(

Did you guys ever get the husk out......I am going through this right now and it is really annoying to say the least. Mine is stuck right behind my tonsil, tried sticking a toothbrush bach there to dislodge, no luck just dry heaves....also tried gargling, eating bread and others things to see if it would latch on......please help!

I believe I have a piece of popcorn stuck in my throat. I went to the doctor and he just claimed it was infection, gave me antibiotics and now that the swellling is gone I can still feel it. Any suggestions? Did anyone see a doctor for this? What did they do?

It's probably not popcorn but in fact tonsilloliths which feels like a popcorn husk on the back side of the throat.

I can't get it out and its driving me insane...I've tried everything and nothing works.

gargle with pepsi it works

ARGH, I feel a piece of popcorn right behind my uvula, if that's possible. I gargled with pepsi multiple times, no luck, although I couldn't feel it for a few seconds afterwards. Dangit :-( I don't know which is worse - a hair or popcorn husk stuck in my throat.

Try eating rye crispbread. Wheat bread gets too soft in mouth before entering throat.

Try eating a granola bar. One of the real crunchy ones like Nature Valley Oats n Honey.

It works like a charm.

It is really rough going down and scratches the hull right off.

This happened to me last night. I tried many of the recommendations listed here, but what finally worked was pouring olive oil down my throat until I gagged. Sounds desperate, but I was on the verge of giving myself a tracheotomy with my fingernails, so it was the lesser of two evils.

This happened to me last night also, was munching away on some popcorn and now the little husk is just rammed solid in the back of my throat.
I think I am going to opt for the tracheotomy by fingernail, sounds more pleasant than the olive oil, ROFL XD
seriously, its driving me bonkers, should be warnings on the packets and so glad its not just me...
and omg whilst writing this I just managed to flush it loose with tepid cup of tea..... phewwwww result!!!

It wont come out. does anyone have anymore tips.

OMG!!! I have read all of the suggestions for removing the popcorn husk and nothing is working. This is the worst thing that I have ever experienced!!! I thought for one glorious second that I had gotten it loose and ate another handful of popcorn. Now I am pretty positive that I have two corn husks stuck back there! I might just rip my tonsils out!!! If anyone has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

A whole week?! You have nerves of steel. This ALWAYS happens to me with both pocorn husks and sometimes when I eat beans- the skins, believe it or not, can perfectly peel off in your mouth and cause the same exact havoc! Anyway, right now, I have a bean skin in my throat. It was right on my left tonsil, and then at some point it got into such an odd spot that I couldn't speak and it made me gag uncontrollably! After about 3 minutes of gagging, it's found itself in a different spot that isn't quite as irritating, but I know it's still there. It drives me mad! No one realizes just how irritating and even frightening this situation can be until it happens to them!

All I can tell you is to do is to relax. Usually they have to come out by their own accord. However, if it stays in much longer, given your case, see a doc. Especially if your throat starts to feel irritated/swollen, or the back of your mouth begins to turn red. It's unusual for them to stay in that long. At the very least, you may risk infection. If you don't fancy doctors, just be sure to use mouthwash to keep everything as clean as possible.

Best of luck to you!