Hello. For the past 2 days I've had a pink, not normal vaginal discharge. I'm concerned because my period is not for another week. The only other time I've had discharge like this was after giving birth. only now it's just a little bit, but enough to warrant the need for a pantyliner. is it too early to get a pregnancy test? or what could it be? please help....

Hi, I know that it is confusing when your body doesn't do as we normally expect it to but there are many different reasons that can cause the pink discharge. Of course the first thought would be pregnancy and that the pink discharge could be from implantation bleeding. However, further information would be needed from you based on what you posted.

Are you periods usually regular and how many days is your cycle length? When was your last period and are you on birth control?

I can understand the confusion as I have experienced this as well. I'm currently trying to be patient for Weds so I can take a PT.

I don’t know about you but I have learned to recognize my vaginal discharge by now. I know exactly which is my ovulation discharge, what is my pre-period discharge and I can surely notice persistent, bacterial discharge.

It happens to me that I get this pink discharge some days before my period. I got really scared once because I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend thinking it could be from implantation bleeding but it wasn’t. it was just me pre-period discharge. I have it now and again.
Are you trying to get pregnant? I mean, this is implantation time frame, right?….a couple of days after ovulation, and a week before the period…..if the period’s regular, right?

As for the pregnancy tests, I know they are advised to be taken a day or two after you period hadn’t arrived.

Anyway, good luck to you! Let me know what it turned out to be!

hello...thanks for all the info earlier. let's see I'm still having the discharge. not so much, but still. my periods are pretty regular. they last a few days. I'm also pretty familiar with my normal vaginal discharge. I don't have preperiod dishcarge. this could be a first. I did have my period last month. I am not on birth control anymore, it's been about 2 months. i did have sex four days ago. and my husband pulled out. is there a pregnancy factor here. I've been having some cramps, though. let me know what you think.please....thanks.

It is really hard to say. Some people say that pulling out is not a safe birth control because he may have pre-cummed. Now, this is another topic for disscusion. Some doctors say that there could be some sperm in the pre cum, some that there isn’t. It has been debated for ages and there is no straight answer about precum. Did you have sex just once that day before he pulled. It is said that if the guy hasn’t urinated after his first ejaculate, then he could have pulled some sperm left from the first ejaculate, …..i am sorry, I don’t have a definite answer.

There were no other occasions when you had unprotected sex?
It happens to me that I develop pregnancy symptoms when my period is late but it always turns out that I was wrong.

Anyway, do you already have children?

Hi I have been having pink vaginal discharge for a few weeks. My GYN checked me and it turned out that I had a really bad yeast infection. I took a pill for it and it went away in a few days.
As for pulling out to ejaculate, that is how I have two kids! We had no idea that you could get pregnant from that until my Ob/GYN told us exactly what had happened on my second pregnancy. Needless to say watch out! There is sperm sometimes in the preejaculate.

Besides implantation bleeding, yeast infections, etc... light pink or brownish coloration can also be ovulation bleeding which can start a week or so before an expected period and can be kind of mucous type and normal. May happen one month and not the other and so on.

Hi there, today I got very worried, but your post was very helpful...Today, I have a light watery, light pink discharge. It is exactly a week before my period is due (I have very regular periods -I have been on triphasil for the last 3 years and have had no irregular spotting ..until now!). I didn't know about the 'ovulation period'..but I'm assuming this is what I have...well at least it has put my mind at ease a little until I can get to a doctor to make sure everything is ok! I have not been sexually active in a while, I take my pill regularly ALWAYS, I dont take any other medicine or multivitamin and so the only other thing that I think it could be is an infection. But we'll see! has anyone else experienced this pink discharge while on triphasil?Thanx for the advice!

Hi. I'm very worried. I have had pink with a LOT of mucus discharge for the past two weeks. I went to the doctor one week ago but it looked like it was ending. She said I didn't ovulate this month, probably a fluke but that maybe it was acting like ovulation bleeding as I did not have an infection and I definitely am not pregnant. But this is very unusual for me and I don't know whether to go back.

I've been having a very light pinkish colour to my discharge for the last three days ihad my last period 10 days ago and since then i only had sex once. I am on brithcontrol, i have regular periods and sometimes a little spotting a day or two before my period, but its like 2 weeks before my period, and b/c of the birthcontrol i shouldn't be ovulating.........should i be worried about pregnancy

Hi
Thanks for all these posts. I too have had a starnge pink vaginal bleed about a week before my period. I used canesten pessaries for thrush a few days ago which seemed to trigger it. It could also be ovulation or implantation. However, from these posts and from personal knowledge of my body, it seems there are no hard and fast rules. I guess that sometimes we bleed from stress, infection, ovulation, pregnancy. I think that if it doesn't stop eventually (ie after normal period kicks in etc) then we need to check it out.
As for pre-ejaculation sperm, each man is individual. I know women who have got pregnant despite their partner pulling out. I however, have used this method of "contraception" for ages and so far no pregnancy. No one knows your body and your vagina better than you! If you are really worried then you have good reason so go to the gynae.
Good luck!

i need help.i had unproctected sex wit my boyfriend a week or two before he didnt ejaculated in me but i suppose there could always be pre-ejaculation.my periods had delayed for two weeks.usually my period only delays about a week or 3 or 4 days.ive got a kind of creamy white discharge which comes out more than usual.there are no stomach cramps.my lower abs when i press them feels kind of painful.could this be signs that im pregnant?plz help me...

hi im having the exact same problem as sweethoneyz that she posted on 11/16/06 can some plz answer that..... o.O

Yeah it's weird. It's exactly a week before for me too. Well I only noticed it today this morning. I was a bit freaked out, I hadn't had sex for a while, and I got tested just a week before. So I didn't have any idea what it was.

I too have this pink discharge but i have read and everyone has theirs right before thier period. I just got off my period Sunday. I had sex Yesteday with my man but I hadn't had sex with him for about 13 days. I had the funny pink discharge before we had sex so naturally I assummed he cheated on me and I got an STD but now it kinda itches a little and it smells I have a doctors appointment but I would also like to see if anyone knows. I don't know if I am pregnant because I did just get off my period. but I am a little scared because I just started having regular periods last June and now this is the first time that i have had this discharge maybe I could be pregnant or may be it could be an infection I just know its a lot