My experience was first pins and needles of both buttocks, followed by both legs, then the scrotum now the penis... all this pins and needles only starts with prolonged lying on my back and sitting positions, accompanied with some pain at the low back at times. at times i also experience some slight burning sensation in my left upper lateral thigh... i went to the Doctor and had an mri of the back, showed bulge of L4-L5, but, my symptoms are way more than what a bulge at that level may present. Im in the medical field... and i know that my symptoms are consistent with either disc problems, or probably Multiple sclerosis... but if it is multiple sclerosis... why is it mostly present when im sitting or lying down... Its driving me crazy... any help or feedback will help...

sincerely,

Godisgood

It's definitely a disc issue! When you sit down your spin compresses so since they have seen a bulge in your L spine then I would DEFINITELY say this is the issue! I am NOT one for Chiropractors, but I would look into specific stretch exercises and massage of the area! Some SWEAR by those stretching beds! What you need to do is build up that lower area - to support the spine, and every 15 minutes stand up and do a slow stretch of the spine! Either with your hands together stretched over your head, and then bend to the sides and forward as SOON as you feel a twinge stop! NICE and Slow! Yoga is a great idea for this also being in a fetal position either in bed or on the floor so you bring your knees up to your chest and bend your head forward, and then on the floor kneel down, put your chest on your kinees and try looking like an e this REALLY stretches your spine gently! Hope this helps! Good luck and health!

Thank you for the response, I'm just wondering, shouldn't I do more extension exercises than trunk flexion exercises to relieve the pressure from the disk? Also I'm anxious, will I have to live with this forever?

Definitely doi the extension too! I am talking about stretching the ENTIRE spine, so ALL the spine exercises - nich and gently though! And not neccassarily, IF you can get relief and be on top of it, it should be more tolerable, also when you ARE sitting have one foot on a box or the yellow pages, and shift it! Left leg for an hour then Right leg etc.! This takes that pressure off of 1 side at a time!

If you have a posterior disc bulge then just do ext. flexion movements are just going to worsen things.

I have similar for 2 weeks now. Did this go away?