Please could someone help me, and tell me why the following is happening?

I do not drink alot but when i do i tend have a couple of bottles of LowC and after those two bottles i begin to get pins and needles in my lips and in my fingertips, This happens with other forms of alcohol to so i don't think it is a certain type of alcuhol that is causing it.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thank You
Virt

hey i recently was out drinking pulse (vodka, soda and garuna) and expreicenced pins and needles in my fingertips. i then later had a nose bleed but the nurses couldnt explain it to me.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hey, I just found this posting online. Did you ever find out what causes this? I have this happen to me all the time when I drink and it drives me crazy. Even cool packs don't help to stop the tingling. It can happen after one beer or even one sip, it just depends. I've had 2 glasses of wine and not felt anything.
Would you please email me and let me know if you found anything out?

Thank you so much!
Elizabeth

**edited by moderator**

Ok, so i woke up this morning after going out last night and getting really drunk. Everything seemed normal when i woke up [just the usual hang over] until i was laying in bed and then all of a sudden i get pins and needles in my face and neck. At first i thought that maybe it was the way i slept but then an hour later and my face is still tingling. I did some 'google' research and i've come across some people saying they get it after consuming alcohol, something to do with diabetes, others depression [this one scared me cause they seem to have it NON STOP]. I'm just wondering if there are any other people out there who have experienced this and if and how long does it take to go away. I would go see a doctor but i best wait till i'm not so hung over.
help?

I have the same experience after drinking quite a lot of alcohol - especially vodka & redbull (energy drink). I'll go home and sleep a few hours after a night out and wake up with a tingling feeling up my arms, neck, face and sometimes stomach.
It happened really badly to me a few days ago. I was fine for the first few hours after waking up then the tingling feeling suddenly appeared, first in my hands, then crept up my face and neck and my stomach. It made it hard to speak or move my lips and my fingers and it made me feel quite cold where the pins & needles were.
I drank about 500ml water and had a walk around and after about 10 minutes it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Then about 20 minutes alter it reappeared suddenly. This time it was worse, making me feel like I was going to pass out. So I walked around again and had another 500ml water and eventually it went away, after about 20 minutes.
So the two things that helped me were drinking water and walking around outdoors. The tingling only seemed to happen while I was sitting down.
The cause, well it's definitely the alcohol... but worse with redbull or any energy drink with caffeine or guarana.
Hope this helps!
And any information will be much appreciated!
:-)

I just wanted to post a link I found that might help.

****

"Neuritis
Neuritis is inflammation of the nerves. Some of the causes include:
Alcohol - chronic overconsumption of alcohol can be toxic to nerves and cause a condition called peripheral neuropathy, characterised by pins and needles......"

Be careful everyone - don't drink too much alcohol!!!

**edited by moderator** **web addresses are not allowed**

This used to happen to me when I was younger and now, even though I hardly drink at all, the pins and needle feeling started 4 years ago and has been constant ever since! A neurologist told me it might be small fiber neuropathy but he isn't sure.

If you are having this now, my advice is to stop drinking altogether or it could become permanent.

MY daughter is an alcholic. She is in jail right now for 90 days. 3rd DUI. I talked to her last night and she is having the same symptoms. She has been in jail for 60 days so far, so she is not drinking. It has to be the alchol in her body coming out or the alchol ruined her nerves. I dont know what to do for her. They wont let her see a DR. DESPERATE :'(

Guest wrote:

Thank you so much!
Elizabeth

**edited by moderator**

consider gout as a possibility....no one on this post has done that...

When you drink you get dehydrated, when your dehydrated your electrolytes are balanced. Many electrolyte imbalances can cause tingling in the face. Hydrate before and after you drink and this should help

why not just stop drinking and energy drinks are bad for you too its just silly you know drinking causes it so why not stop???

I do tend to like a drink and I started to experience these symptoms around 14 months ago until they were nearly permanent and driving me crazy.  I am working on cutting down my drinking (drink too much but hold down full time job, don't drink day time etc and only when kids in bed) but I now also take multi vitamins and critically a massive B12 dose (5mg per day - well over the recommended needed (but you cannot overdose).  I would suggest that even if you are not a heavy drinker you may have a B12 deficiency and when you drink it gets worse.  Alcohol is very bad for your vitamin B levels.  Pins and needles is a classic symptom of B12 deficiency which can be caused by absorption problems or poor eating around alcohol.  I hope this helps some of you and if it does, come back and post, it might just help someone else try it.  I just happened upon one of these types of posts and it changed my life.

Hi, I know this is a late reply, but look up neuropathy.

You can overdose on vitamin B 12 and pins and needles is a symptom of this

Could be reynauds disease, causes pain in hands and feet, it's caused by circulation issues. Get it checked.